Thread: "convert again" option in Process Queue

Default "convert again" option in Process Queue

When you use the "convert again" option in the Process Queue it will create another FLV file and leave the old one there, This is going to leave to a large amount of unused FLV files taking up space. When the FLV file gets converted again could it use the same name? or at least delete the old file and use a new name.

Also could you stop it from setting the "Added on" date to the date it was reconverted and just leave the old date. For example if a video has been on the site for a month and has comments etc but i decide to reconvert it for whatever reason it would say it was added today but the comments would be from a month ago which wouldn't make sense.

Default Re: "convert again" option in Process Queue

Quote Originally Posted by leki
    When you use the "convert again" option in the Process Queue it will create another FLV file and leave the old one there, This is going to leave to a large amount of unused FLV files taking up space.
    Convert again will use the same name. So there will be no orphan files.

Quote Originally Posted by leki
    Also could you stop it from setting the "Added on" date to the date it was reconverted and just leave the old date.
    This is done, will be available on next release.

There was a video in my process queue that didn't fully convert, and when I tried the "convert again", it says in the list "Download Finished", it doesn't say "convert finished" or that it's even being processed.

In the meantime, what Im going to try and do is download the original file thru ftp and reupload it thru the admin import feature and apply it to the user who tried to do it originally and see what happens.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Ok, I figured out how to fix the video that was a problem, but now I have another question.

I have a video that didn't quite convert all the way. Right at the very end it stops and the little "go around" symbol displays in the flv player window. Fortunately it happens right at the very end (with about another second to go) so it's not a huge problem.

However, I'd like it to display properly.

So, I did a "convert again" on that one video. Now what does "convert again" actually do? Cos when I viewed the video after "convert again", it was still doing the same thing (even after clearing cache and trying a different browser)--the little "go around" symbol was displaying like nothing really changed. How do I get it to point to the newly converted video or how does this work?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

it most likely is a new converted video...but there may be a problem with the orginal video your uploading and so converts badly each time...try ffmpeg on it or menocder if your using ffmpeg.

admin the "convert again" option in the Process Queue is still creating another FLV file and leaving the old one there in vshare 2.5

also i think it would be good if the "convert again" option was also in the admin pannel video details page along with "Edit Video, Delete Video, Rename FLV Video, Create Thumb" that way all the options are grouped together logically and we dont have to leave everything in the process queue page.