Thread: MovieTV ready to launch - check out template!

Default MovieTV ready to launch - check out template!

We have been working a few weeks on this to get it looking right. Leaning to the Quentin Tarantino retro look for an Independent shorts and animation niche video web site.

I am wondering if this still looks okay in other browsers. We only use IE.

The last upgrade set us back a week with this and we are applauding the admin effort to bring the templating to the style sheet. This took a lot of editing and fixing pages to get working right.

Please let me know what you think? And let anyone trying to promote their work to get on it!

http://www.movietv.us
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

Default Re: MovieTV ready to launch - check out template!

Looks good. Although, you may be disappointed to hear that the next update is suppose to include a new style sheet. :D
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Default Re: MovieTV ready to launch - check out template!

Thanks Sportsgaming.

Actually it will be good if he moves the control of the layout, graphics etc to the style.css for everyone and I encourage that. It might mean a bit of work for that but once done it means full control and no more hacking on each update (ever few weeks?!!?!?!?!?). While I love the added features and growth, keeping individual look and feel is just as important.

With a new CSS style portal you will love it if he makes it right. It is really only naming the areas, blocks, divs etc so that you can replace values you want.

It does not allow total control that way. I almost rather have the code listings for functions and drop them where I want them. That way I could break totally from the present design and make a way cool site. Updates would have to be done on blocks of code for functions rather than whole pages. Then we could just replace the codes where they belong as updated. Anyway, if it goes all CSS it is a good thing. One change and then we can upgrade all we want after that. It is part of stabilization of the program into a marketable product. Kudos to admin for moving towards that end. The faster the better. I think I have 4 sites already (not all finished) on this template and would like to stablize their looks to do the next ones.
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!