Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: video not converting

Im having a problem with wmv files anything over 5mb just wont convert and gives an error message in the browser after you upload it, the file is fully in 'video' folder and half of it converts to 'flvideo' folder why? Its only started since the last update i used to upload 23mb files no hassles but now its pissing me off. Any ideas why?

Quote Originally Posted by zeffer
    Im having a problem with wmv files anything over 5mb just wont convert and gives an error message in the browser after you upload it, the file is fully in 'video' folder and half of it converts to 'flvideo' folder why? Its only started since the last update i used to upload 23mb files no hassles but now its pissing me off. Any ideas why?
    I'm seeing this too. REALLY annoying!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeffer
    Conversion is handled by server, only thing vshare do is calling the conversion command.

You can try running the conversion command from PHP script to see if your server can do the conversion.

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=351

You can try ffmpeg and mencoder and use the one best work on your server (this depends on how it is installed on the server).

I seem to be having the same problem, though i've noticed the conversion application being used in the above sample codes is ffmpeg.

Within the my sites debug txt it's using the /usr/bin/mencoder app.

So in what situation should the ffmpeg and mencoder application be used?

Im really stupid in the server side of things when it involves linux, i really need a clear step by step laymans explanation of how to go about fixing or trouble shooting it. Altho i have booked to upgrade dedicated servers this week.

I'm having similar issues myself... Is there a support email address for the designers?

im having the same problem on cirtex hosting...im moving hosting though now so will see if i still get the same problem with large clips not converting correctly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12