Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [VERIFIED] Verify emails on signup, please!

Lmao PigBeeper u should be able to edit that yourself pretty easy in the tpl and a bit of google research. You could look back at a previous version and find where in the script it disallowed !@#$ them characters replicate it for pigfuck and fuck and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy
    Quote Originally Posted by starapple
    This is not the solution to the problem. That's editing the template. It's the PHP code that needs editing to not automatically give access to anyone who signs up.
    The updated files are to be downloaded from the link at the top of my post. This includes all the patches to the PHP files. The bug fix in the template is just me trying to be helpfull. If you download the latest patches and upload them, it will not allow an unverified address to upload video. My template edit is just to make the verification email clickable.
    Sorry if that wasn't clear :?:
    I downloaded and upgraded everything that was available yesterday (vshare_up_r20070530.zip and leki_template_fixes.zip) so this link is a newer patch, right?
    "He climbs highest who helps another up."

I just re did the upgrade installation and created a user account and the result was the same:

Welcome to Abeng TV, Sandie!
    We hope you enjoy your experience. Write anytime to let us know how we can serve you better.

The Abeng TV Team

What would you like to do next?
    Complete your profile page
    The Abeng TV community wants to know about you.
    Upload your videos
    Share your experiences with the world. Browse the channels
    Watch videos organized into categories.
    Start watching videos
    Search and browse 1000's of streaming videos.
    In the admin area the account is "Active" except email is not Verified.

Clicking the "Upload your video" link results in a 404 error although the page is on the server. It seems this is because the user does not have access but this is not explained. On logging out the upload.php redirects to the sign up page.

I also get a 404 error when I attempt to log in as another user: /login.php?next=upload although I am logged in.

I should have left well enough alone.

Default no click links in email.

Download the latest version from this link:
    http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.php?t=318

Then replace the text in templates/emails/verify_email.tpl with this:
    Code:
    Hi,  Thank you for joining {$site_name}.  

Click the following link to get your account activated.  {$baseurl}/confirm_email.php?vcode={$vcode}

Thanking you,

{$site_name} Team
    {$baseurl}
    The code from the download may already have been updated though, please check.

This does not create clickable links for me. What this does, is create HTML code in the email:

Click the following link to get your account activated.

http://TheWebChannel.ca/confirm_emai...92229216478492

Thanks.

If you are getting a 404 Starapple, all I can suggest is uploading all the new files in binary again, and give it a try. With a new registration on my site, the user fills in their details, and then gets taken to the same page as your site. If they click the upload button, it brings up the "send confirmation E-mail link". If clicked, it will send a second E-mail to the user. Not perfect yet, but better than nothing.

Mersh, the code you posted is correct for a confirmation link, perhaps your E-mail client is blocking HTML links ?
    Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !

If you are getting a 404 Starapple, all I can suggest is uploading all the new files in binary again, and give it a try. With a new registration on my site, the user fills in their details, and then gets taken to the same page as your site. If they click the upload button, it brings up the "send confirmation E-mail link". If clicked, it will send a second E-mail to the user. Not perfect yet, but better than nothing.
    I did that. I reinstalled everything. Went back to the original and everything worked. Installed the upgrades and problems started. I will start over again later.

Default Re: Username ban list

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Hello:

My video portal is geared towards families and seniors.

It would be good for me to have a feature that lets me put certain words in that disallow those words from being able to be used as usernames. In other words, I'd like to not have user "PigFucker" showing up in the user column if you know what I mean.

Thanks!
    This is added to TODO list for programmers, so will be available when it is done.

Clicking the "Upload your video" link results in a 404 error although the page is on the server. It seems this is because the user does not have access but this is not explained. On logging out the upload.php redirects to the sign up page.

I also get a 404 error when I attempt to log in as another user: /login.php?next=upload although I am logged in.

Check if login.php is uploded to your server.

What is your web site url ?

Quote Originally Posted by admin

Check if login.php is uploded to your server.

What is your web site url ?
    I pm'ed you the URL yesterday with a suggestion you sign up to see what happens first hand. It's http://www.newwavemagazine.com/abeng

Can you post content of include/config.php ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast