This mod will change the default of 4 videos for the "New Videos" & "Recently Viewed" parts on the index home page to whatever amount of videos you want.

vshare 2.5

The following examples will make 2 rows of 4 videos

To change the amount of videos in "New Videos" open index.tpl and find

Code:
	<table width="100%" class="bg2">
	<tr valign="top">
	{section name=i loop=$new_video start=0 max=4}
	<td width="25%" align="center" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#e1e4f2';" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffff99';"><a href="{$baseurl}/view/{$new_video[i].VID}/{$new_video[i].title|lower|regex_replace:"/[^a-z0-9]+/":"-"}/">[img]{$tmburl}/1_{$new_video[i].VID}.jpg[/img]
{$new_video[i].title}</a></td>
	{/section}
	</tr>
	</table>
and replace with
Code:
	<tr valign="top">
	{section name=i loop=$new_video start=0 max=4}
	<td width="25%" align="center" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#e1e4f2';" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffff99';"><a href="{$baseurl}/view/{$new_video[i].VID}/{$new_video[i].title|lower|regex_replace:"/[^a-z0-9]+/":"-"}/">[img]{$tmburl}/1_{$new_video[i].VID}.jpg[/img]
	{/section}
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
	{section name=i loop=$new_video start=4 max=4}
	{/section}
	</tr>
	</table>
This will make 2 rows of 4 videos, if you want to change this you need to change the {section name=i loop=$new_video start=x max=x} code

To change the amount of videos in "Recently Viewed" open index.tpl and find

Code:
	<tr valign="top" align="center">
	{section name=i loop=$recent start=0 max=4}
	<td width="25%" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#e1e4f2';" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffff99';"><a href="{$baseurl}/view/{$recent[i].VID}/{$recent[i].title|lower|regex_replace:"/[^a-z0-9]+/":"-"}/">[img]{$tmburl}/1_{$recent[i].VID}.jpg[/img]
{$recent[i].title}</a>
<font size="1px">{insert name=timediff value=var time=$recent[i].viewtime}</font></td>
	{/section}
	</tr>
	</table>
replace with

Code:
	{section name=i loop=$recent start=0 max=4}
	<td width="25%" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#e1e4f2';" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#ffff99';"><a href="{$baseurl}/view/{$recent[i].VID}/{$recent[i].title|lower|regex_replace:"/[^a-z0-9]+/":"-"}/">[img]{$tmburl}/1_{$recent[i].VID}.jpg[/img]
{$recent[i].title}</a>
<font size="1px">{insert name=timediff value=var time=$recent[i].viewtime}</font></td>
	{/section}
</tr>
	{section name=i loop=$recent start=4 max=4}
{$recent[i].title}</a>
	{/section}

</tr>
	</table>
For Recently Viewed you will also need to change the database to tell it how many videos to display. Open your phpmyadmin, select your vshare database, choose the "sconfig" table and click browse. Then find "recently_viewed_video" and click edit and then change the 4 value to 8 (or how many you want) and click "go"

(you may want to backup your database before making changes incase you some how mess it up)

This will make 2 rows of 4 videos, if you want to change this you need to change the {section name=i loop=$recent start=x max=x} code

hope this helps