Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADD ON LIST: BLOG,PHOTOGALERY,FORUM....

Default Re: ADD ON LIST: BLOG,PHOTOGALERY,FORUM....

Those are already plentiful out there. Couple that comes to my mind are PHPFox and Dolphin. You should try those if you want all those features that you have mentioned.
    I tried Dolphin, I own Social (Entertainment Scripts) and looked at PhpFox.

The worst of these is Dolphin. While it has a lot of great features, the registration requirements force you to register with their site. Worse, all of your users are forced to register with their site to use the video upload. Basically, you are building their site for them.

Social is pretty good but I could not get it to work with HostToNet. Also, the profile system is pretty bad.

PhpFox looks pretty good but I don't want to spend that kind of money again for something that will not server all of my needs.

For me, vShare is great. All we need are the following:
    1) Photogallery (it looks like we are getting this in the next release).
    3) Integrate with a Forum/Blog system. I would really be happy if they would integrate with SMF or PHPBB or best would be WordPress. Let that system manage the user profile and you have everything you need since those systems are very extendable.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmage
    Those are already plentiful out there. Couple that comes to my mind are PHPFox and Dolphin. You should try those if you want all those features that you have mentioned.
    I tried Dolphin, I own Social (Entertainment Scripts) and looked at PhpFox.

The worst of these is Dolphin. While it has a lot of great features, the registration requirements force you to register with their site. Worse, all of your users are forced to register with their site to use the video upload. Basically, you are building their site for them.

Social is pretty good but I could not get it to work with HostToNet. Also, the profile system is pretty bad.

PhpFox looks pretty good but I don't want to spend that kind of money again for something that will not server all of my needs.

For me, vShare is great. All we need are the following:
    1) Photogallery (it looks like we are getting this in the next release).
    3) Integrate with a Forum/Blog system. I would really be happy if they would integrate with SMF or PHPBB or best would be WordPress. Let that system manage the user profile and you have everything you need since those systems are very extendable.
    We own couple adult community fetish sites using phpfox. One that is up and running right now is http://www.planetfeet.com the other we are setting up but not ready yet is http://www.fetishbuddies.com they are both using PHPFox. I do not know what you are trying to do with the photogallery but your welcome to signup for http://www.planetfeet.com and try it out. (Adult Site Warning) http://www.fetishbuddies.com is being set up on APTHost and should be running shortly. APTHost so far seems to have all the features that one requires to run YouTube Clone's and Community Scripts such as PHPFox. We are starting out with their Power 75+ and can upgrade all the way up to a dedicated server with no problem. We had a pre sales conversation chat with APTHost and they seem to know what they are talking about. Plus you get a 45 day money back guarantee.

Have you tested the latest version of Dolphin? Your members do not have to signup with BoonDex or whatever they call it. Only you do. In the admin area you can shut the BoonDex login and import off. The video function for Dolphin is a plugin called Ray and you have to install the plugin before it works. Again Dolphin worked very well with no problem on APTHost. The only reason we did not use it was because all we wanted was the video sharing capability and not the whole community platform so we went with VShare.

Joomla has a free community feature plugin that you can use as well. Only thing I do not like about Joomla is that it is really confusing and since it is open source there really is no where to go for help. But, I have seen some great sites created with Joomla.

Actually, I was trying out Dolphin yesterday. Yes, you are right, for the "BASE" dolphin install, only you need to register however, the other 2 items are pretty much integrated into the system. For the 2 "optional" components, your members register on their site via a form on your site. After I couldn't find a way around that, I decided to give up on it. By the way, Dolphin is NOT under GPL, they are under Creative Commons. That is far more restrictive. Would rather go with full commercial than use that.

I really want to build a community site which is why I was using Social. I am using HostToNet. Pretty much stuck here until September. After that, I will look at some of the other options. I might try out your site... Thanks for the offer!

You do not have to register you're users with the BOONEX site to get them to use the features. That is simply not true!!!!!
    Dolphin is excellent! But it will require some $$$ to get the features that you want enabled without ads. Dolphin is far better
    than PHPfox. But Vshare should not be trying to become a myspace clone or social community. What they do, they do well. My recommendation would be to raise the price to $15.00 and provide a bridge to a forum (SMF or whatever you choose). For those that have already purchased Vshare, charge $5.00 for the feature upgrade. I hope someone is listening.

cool to here ur view on these issue but as megavideo mention all these feature don't have to be build by vshare ,it can be existing script like phpbb,smf or vbulletin, today u have myspace providing video pretty much like youtube simple as that to retain there user and gain more ,and on top of that they have a tv.
    althought youtube is focus on Video is a community network,as u can make friend too and communicate between members and soon.

my question is what do u lot propose as features for vshare ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12