Thread: 2.6 upload hell

Default 2.6 upload hell

Here are some of the error messages I get when I try and upload videos. I have included the file size and format above each for context. I am able to upload some files but not these;

54,234 KB .avi
    Progress Bar Error: Cannot find sid based directory.

3,738 KB avi
    ERROR: Unable to execute query
    SELECT * FROM `config` WHERE `config_name`='enable_flvtool'
    MySQL server has gone away

11,478 KB avi
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Default Re: 2.6 upload hell

Code:
    MySQL server has gone away
    This is server problem.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

Are you able to upload small video ? If small video works and big having problem, it is server resource problem, may need more free memory and cpu.

Thank you for your reply. I consulted the host and here is their reply;

"Thank you for your reply. Seems you're on a VPS, thus you wouldn't be imposed on this 25 concurrent connection limit, that is adjustable in the my.cnf in /etc/. However, since you're on a VPS, we can also not explain this issue that you are having, as we're not familiar with the software that you are using.You may want to consult with the software vendors and see if they have some insight into this."

What should I do now?

VPS have hard limits, you may need get more CPU time and Memory. If you continue to have problem, better move to shared host or dedicated server. Even shared host will not have problems like this. VPS have more limits on memory and cpu than shared hosting.

The host now sent me an email saying;

"What are the exact requirements for this software so I may modify all settings for you."

What should I tell them?

Hang on, yet more blood has been extracted from the stone...now the host has asked;

"Yes ask them about all needed settings for httpd.conf (Apache server) , php.ini (PHP) and my.cnf (MySQL)."

What should I tell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Hang on, yet more blood has been extracted from the stone...now the host has asked;

"Yes ask them about all needed settings for httpd.conf (Apache server) , php.ini (PHP) and my.cnf (MySQL)."

What should I tell them?
    http://www.vshare.in/requirements.html

Thank you very much for these script requirements. I have sent that link to HostICan.

The wierd thing is that for each video upload that fails, the file actually shows up in the admin area, but has no duration time listed next to it and does not appear on the site. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what was the cure?