Thread: Some concerns...

Default Some concerns...

I have been hunting around all over for a youtube clone and I'm concerned about the price of yours. There is an old saying, "you get what you pay for".

I have been reading the forums and everyone seems fairly satisfied with the product, but I am still concerned.

The other guys are selling for anywhere from 60.00 usd to 300.00 usd.

What is the difference between Vshare and the other guys that you can offer this for much, much less and make me feel confident about purchasing?

I'm very concerned about security issues. Has anyone ever reported their site hacked?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

1 Person did but it was not the script fault it was his server settings.

Thanks. :)

I'll probably end up getting Vshare just for giggle and grins and see how it goes. If my site takes off then we'll see how it performs.

I read on one forum that clip-share and alstrsoft video share is 99% identical, yet one charges 99.00 and the other 300.00. Both owners of these programs were going at each other's throats (you stole my script, no YOU stole MY script..yadda yadda yadda). I still want to know how Vshare can be offered for 10.00.

Which leads me to another question: is Vshare an original script or a re-work of someone else's efforts? Still waiting to hear from the owners...

I say get it! The script is good and only gets better, the support is great. One thing tho once you start to get big you will need to get good servers and bandwidth believe me (im in trouble ATM)

Ok, I'll go ahead and get it :)

I was thinking of using cirtexhosting and starting out with the cheapie account for now just to play around with this thing. If the site takes off then I'll deal with it when it happens.

From my research it's better to get a dedicated host plan vs a shared host plan.

Who is your host?

Well, I got it...now I'm off to find a host to play with my new toy.

Thanks all for your input.

Default The Difference, My Friend, is in the TLD

I think that the difference in price is explained by the top level domain of this website.... i.e. ".in"

Think about it.

Yeah, I did notice that and did think about that but I was still....geeze....ya know? Anyway, I'm in the process of putting this up but am getting"Fatal Error Unable to read 4026 bytes in .....install/index.php on line 0, so I'm going to see if I can't find something in the support section.

Answer found...I needed to upload everything in BINARY (I had my FTP set for "auto" on the upload).