Thread: Multiple Servers

Default Multiple Servers

No one seems to know the answer to this question - If I add three servers to my vshare, and Enable them all -- how does this effect my uploads.. which server gets the flv files, and does using all three help speed my video player up or mess things up? And what happens if I enable a server, upload vids, and then later disable the server (in my server list) -- does the vid become unplayable??
    SPEED UP YOUR VSHARE SITE!
    Speed up your vshare site by "offloading" your images and video thumbs!
    Just visit http://offload.limbar.com for details.

Default Re: Multiple Servers

I don't know the answers to all your questions, but I do know that once an additional server has videos uploaded to it, you are unable to delete it. When you try, you just get a message saying "this server has video and cannot be deleted."

I am going to assume (haven't had the need to check this yet) that once you add another server your new uploads will go to this server and the other server will still be able to play the videos that were uploaded to it. In the DB it has to check the server ip of where to play the video from and that would not change.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    I don't know the answers to all your questions, but I do know that once an additional server has videos uploaded to it, you are unable to delete it. When you try, you just get a message saying "this server has video and cannot be deleted."
    That is kind of messed up, well, sort of. I can see the point of it, but if that is the way things are, then there should be an option for you to move the videos to another server and then delete.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out