Thread: Half of Last Users keep disappearing

Default Half of Last Users keep disappearing

I have my site set to show the last 10 users. From time to time, that list seems to reset to only show a few (right now it's showing five)... I'm not sure what's triggering it. Any ideas?

Default Users approved through control panel buggy?

I *think* this might have something to do with users I created, and approved through the control panel, rather than by clicking a link in the email. I think there's something buggy there.

Default Last 5 Users keep disappearing

I think that what is happening is, whenever a new user signs up, it deletes all the "last" users except whomever is actually logged in. Anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Half of Last Users keep disappearing

Hi mersh!

Yeah, it's happening to me too. I've had this problem in the past as well. With 2.5 there didn't seem to be an issue, but since 2.6 upgrade, half my logged in users dropped off all my sites as well. I just set it for the 'last 3 users' for now.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Admin - here's what's causing this!

I just figured out what's causing this:

Vshare has 20 "slots" in it's "last5users" table.

That tracks login id, and user id, but only for the last 20 logins. That's the problem.

Every time the same user logs in and out, he takes up one spot out of the 20.

Couple this with the "import video folder" feature logging the user in and out each time you add a video to him, and you get those 20 spots filled up by the same user fast. 8)

Here's what happens:

Let's say you have yours set to show the last 10 users. Users 1-10 show up in the side panel as the last 10 users.

Since there's only 20 spots, if another user logs in and logs out 11 times, he takes up 11 of the 20 spots, forcing the oldest record out of the system. If this happens, you now have only nine users taking up the last 10 login spots.

Therefore, the last 10 "users" is actually the last 10 "logins"....

So here's why it keeps happening to me...

When you import a video to a user, he's logged in and logged out.

If you import 20 videos to one user, he's logged in and out 20 times.

Then, he takes up all 20 "last five user" table spots, and there's therefore only one "last five users" showing...

because that one user, actually was the "last five logins."

I can see why he wants to limit the size of this table.... over years, it can wind up with tens of thousands of entries. But I think maybe increasing the size to something larger, like 500, would solve the problem. Probably 5 times more than needed, but it's not like it's wasting gigs of drive space.

Wow how fascinating! I never would have figured that out, thanks so much for sharing that information.

I don't use the import video feature on any of my sites, never have...so for my situation, IDK.

Well, I think I arrived at a false conclusion.... because it just happened and I didn't import video.

But it DOES have something to do with this. Currently there are only five out of last 10 (which I have set in admin area).... and here's my Last Five Users table, which has multiple logins for

Columns are LoginID and UserID:

490 9
    497 28
    480 14
    481 8
    482 8
    483 14
    484 14
    485 37
    496 28
    486 14
    495 28
    487 14
    488 9
    489 9
    491 9
    492 9
    493 37
    494 28
    498 28
    499 28

So, if we go into the table and punch in a random user number (and not repeat any user number), it should show all users last logged in that we have it set for in admin? I mean, who's to know? Imma give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    So, if we go into the table and punch in a random user number (and not repeat any user number), it should show all users last logged in that we have it set for in admin? I mean, who's to know? Imma give it a try...
    Actually, I found it's easier just to go to the admin area, go to "All Users" and just log in the number of users I want to have showing. Of course, they all show up as logging in at the same time, but doubt anyone's going to check on that.

Oh how funny, I discovered that yesterday by going thru posts looking for somethin else and did just this!