Thread: Help! Another perplexing Color question?

Default Help! Another perplexing Color question?

After a clean installation of Vshare the color of WATCH in the attached image is #000033. The same color is used in many areas of the script, none of these seem to be attached to a .css style sheet. There are no references in style.css and only two instances of #000033 in video.css. When replaced it only affects the featured video titles as far as I can tell. I know how to change the visited color and the hover color, no problem. I have used a search and replace tool and web developer in firefox but can find no other instances of #000033 except in the color_picker.js listing for the text editor. When using web developer in firefox to show color information it always lists the #000033 color on the page but finds no references to it in any style sheet , html or hard coding. Can someone enlighten me regarding the proper method to change the color. I can't seem to find the forest for the trees. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help! Another perplexing Color question?

look to style.css for the "bold blue text" or something like, something with bold blue (I can't remember exactly) OR it could be the hyperlink color in css, you might have to create a class for it...

I'll have a look-see in my stuff shortly and let you know what I come up with (other than just eliminating the box entirely LOL).

UPDATE: I think this is what you need: The color is actually coming from the class "bold_blue_large" and is #2F3C70 in styles.css Is that what you need?

In index.tpl:

<td>Watch
    <span class="normal_gray">Better than TV watch what you want when you want it!</span></td>

If a change to the class doesn't affect it, you'll have to create one for it (I remember needing to do that in the past).

Oh, here's a tip for ya...some colors are referenced with the full 6 digit code while in other instances the same color is referenced by the 3 digit short-cut. Not fun.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!