Thread: Please help a sad man

Default Please help a sad man

Hi my name is Tony and have a big problem. And by big, i mean i can't continue develope my page untill its fixed.
    Ive used much time on my own try to fix it, but im stuck. Please anyone that could help, i even pay!

Okey, the problem is about language. Im translating everyting to norwegian, but the letter æ ø and å wouldnt show up.

What ive found out by my self: I need to use the utf-8_bin in my database : done
    I must do the same in the header.tpl: done

When i add groups on the page i CAN actually see the letters in the description and futher on. So there is no problem there.
    But when i try to edit the index.tpl and write the 3 letters there it shows up like squares like this [][][][]

The only way for me to show the letters on the page is to use the codes:

æ = æ
    Æ = Æ
    ø = ø
    Ø = Ø
    å = å
    Å = Å

And it takes TIME to write in those codes for every time i use those sweet letters.

And another thing, when people write comments the result shows up pretty ugly = []?[][]? catch my drift?

So please if there is anybody out there with a heart of gold (by that i mean those who dont take charge) or someone with a heart of silver (those who take some charge)
    that could help me. Please contact me. Write to me at the forum or to my email: [email protected] .

Best of all regards in the world yours siencerly from love with world peace:

Tony

Default Re: Please help a sad man

Someone help this guy FFS! :!: