Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Adding Profile Phot and URL to view_video.tpl

Default Re: Adding Profile Phot and URL to view_video.tpl

Well, it must be my scripts. I tried changing my profile pic on 2 sites that already have a profile pic uploaded and the profile pic wouldn't change, none of the profile pics were overwritten.

Yet the whole thing worked fine on a script for a site that I recently created....dam.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Here's another weird thing....I recently created 2 sites, the photos thing works on one but not the other! I'm stumped!

Really strange! i just setup a new site, I will check if it works or not there..

RAMIUS

I'm still having a problem. I just created a new vShare site and here's what's happening and what I'm doing...

User ID is 78.

There is no 78.jpg in photos, so I uploaded the modified "no_pic.gif" thingie by renaming it 78.jpg and uploading it with FTP. Image 78.jpg displays.

Went to vShare site and logged in as user and "upload new pic". Pic still displays as the original 78.jpg even though the url is /photo/78.jpg?38375. In essence, the 78.jpg is NOT getting overwritten.

Deleted 78.jpg with FTP.

Went to user profile to upload new pic. Uploaded new pic thru my_photo.php. Pic 78.jpg created BUT does not display. Checked photos directory for 78.jpg and it was there. I downloaded it with FTP and couldn't open it because it was saying "The file appears to be damanged or corrupt".

Is this a web host issue? I'll be contacting support just in case.

UPDATE:

Must have been either a server issue or a setting somewhere because my web host tech support fixed it on one of my sites and I've asked them to tell me what it is that they did to fix it so that I can do it myself ( if possible for future installations of vShare). I'm also asking them to check into the same issue for the rest of the vShare domains I have hosted with them since the other ones had the same problem.

To get profile photo....

{insert name=id_to_name assign=uname un=$UID}
    {insert name=member_img UID=$UID}

To get website url....

{insert name=getfield assign=website field=website table=signup qfield=UID qvalue=$UID}
    {if $website ne ""}Website: {$website|replace:'http://':''}{/if}

For the profile pic:

Code:
    Fatal error: Smarty error: [in view_video.tpl line 210]: [plugin] could not load plugin file 'insert.get_member.php' (core.load_plugins.php, line 70) in /home/*****/public_html/*****/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 486
    So I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right and got this

Code:
    Fatal error: Smarty error: [in view_video.tpl line 212]: [plugin] could not load plugin file 'insert.get_member.php' (core.load_plugins.php, line 70) in /home/*****/public_html/*****/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 486
    Here's the code that I do have that does work except it doesn't show the "no_pic.gif" if they have not uploaded one:

Code:
    {insert name=id_to_name assign=uname un=$UID} {$uname}
    [img]{$baseurl}/photo/{$UID}.jpg[/img]
    The code you posted for the URL works like a charm, however. THANKS!

I have rewritten my above post...

please check..

Thank you! That works!...except now for the other issue regarding profile pictures....they are distorted.

This happens with the friends profile pics too...they are distorted. How do we get their profile pics to display at a set size?

For example, the image on the profile page is displayed at 75 x 75 (or thereabouts...75 x 90 or something like that) and everywhere else it seems to be displaying at 120 x 90. Even though I have set the size in the database as suggested in another post by another user, it had no effect.

Profile page displays pic at 75 x 75 and everywhere else it is 120 x 90. See this page and notice how the image (which was uploaded and should display at 72px × 90px) is being shown at 120 x 90:

http://sca-video.com/view/79/whackamole ... et-part-3/

And since I have substituted all the .jpg images with what RAMIUS has suggested, I have no way of testing to see if the "image" is broken if the user has not uploaded a picture. Will it show the "no_image.gif" like it does on the profile page or will it show a broken image link? Can someone verify this?

I eventually try the new code... I don't realize why it want works for you...
    I've also implemented in my ultimate site and it works really nice! :-|

You can check by yourself with and without uploaded picture (content suitable for eveyone, family and children): ;-)

http://www.tubeyourpet.com/view/134/dogs-love-water/

http://www.tubeyourpet.com/view/113/talking-dog-5/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast