Thread: Another Server

Default Another Server

I saw in the admin cp that you can add another server. What is this exactly?

Does that mean I can get another host and put in the details and files can get uploaded there too? If so does that host need to have ffmpeg enabled too?

Also when someone uploads a video how does the site know which server for it go on? Because I want to go on both and once the main server runs out, it will just use the new server. And does the videos only use bandwidth of the new server only right?

Thanks,

Artin

Default Re: Another Server

Yes, you can enter additional servers, and the script will add the flv file to that location after it is converted. You do not need to have ffmpeg on the second server, because it is just used as file storage. The bandwidth is kind of shared on both of them. The bulk of it is used on the server that has the flv file. The original server will still use a small amount though, for loading the images and template files, but that amount is nominal. As for how the script knows which to use, it will automatically store files on the most recent server added to the list. If that server goes down and is unavailable, the file will be stored on the original server instead.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Default Re: Another Server

Ahh ok, thanks for your help!

Does the additional server need a domain?

Artin