Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash displays - who's used them

Default Flash displays - who's used them

Hi,

I'm using a rotating (roller) flash display - have done for some time.

I was thinking of revamping the displays a bit.

Has anyone place multiple flash displays on their websites/same page and have you samples to show?

These flash displays:
    http://www.thejesustv.com/carousel_vs.html
    http://www.thejesustv.com/ferriswheel_vs.html
    http://www.thejesustv.com/scroller_vs.html
    http://www.thejesustv.com/slider_vs.html

Any input is welcome.

Thanks

Dafydd

Default Re: Flash displays - who's used them

I use one. Not exactly any by jesustv but close...

101ways2pwn.com

They are neat looking. Looking for something with more pizzaz...

Jesustv ones look better..

Hi,
    Thank you for your input. Yep I use a similar one.

I wanted to see what the JesusTV's looked like insitu on someone else's page. It's just me being cautious.

Dafydd

A bit of a disappointment on some of the mods available. Many are untested to run on the vshare set up unless displayed on the index page or on a new page. The flash scripts make is so the page must display from the root directory. They wont run on the video view pages without significant alteration to the scripting.

VShare displays video with a shadow folder (View) as part of the url and this significantly inhibits the placement of script that will actually function in all parts of vShare..

The included instructions given by ALL mod developers is wholefully inadequate and boarders on the inept and incompedent. the instructions given are misleading, gappy, and can NOT be considered worthy of the term "Guide". The included READ ME's are little more that a "don't blame me if they don't work". the whole attitude of some of the mod developers is questionable as they fail to deliver a service after taking funds from individuals.

I have even asked HostOnNet to interpret the instructions given by one well known Mod developer for a player and they couldn't.

I recently purchased a group of Mods as a package - what a waste. They have been withdrawn - they needed vshare testing!

The mods offered that do work are the roller and the newscast - both on the index page. A seperate delete admin mod in inaccurate and fails to remove all video.

Both the main Mod developers requested full site access to get scripts to function - DENIED. While these offers may be of good intention they should never be given for security reasons.

My thoughts:
    1. I would expect all Mods to be fully tested on a vShare system set up BEFORE being offered on this forum or for sale.
    2. I would expect the user installation instructions to be logically laid out and easily replicated by a beta tester(s).
    3. Finally i would like to see beta tester reports on ALL mods offered on the forum - with comments and such - proof of functionality.

A simple request to Mod developers - get your act together and we'll support you. Sell us crap and we'll dump on you!

Galnet and JesusTV please take note.

Dafydd
    (a tad p*** off)

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    1. I would expect all Mods to be fully tested on a vShare system set up BEFORE being offered on this forum or for sale.2. I would expect the user installation instructions to be logically laid out and easily replicated by a beta tester(s).
    3. Finally i would like to see beta tester reports on ALL mods offered on the forum - with comments and such - proof of functionality. A simple request to Mod developers - get your act together and we'll support you. Sell us crap and we'll dump on you! Galnet and JesusTV please take note. Dafydd (a tad p*** off)
    Arrogant fcker, aren't you? There's lots of people here who have the competence level to get the mods installed. Instead of bitching at the fine people who have been helping us make this portal more robust, you might want to ask for help. If you know how to do this so well, put out your own line of mods and STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Arrogant fcker, aren't you? There's lots of people here who have the competence level to get the mods installed. Instead of bitching at the fine people who have been helping us make this portal more robust, you might want to ask for help. If you know how to do this so well, put out your own line of mods and STFU.
    :D

Have you seen the second rate modifications that need additional information, cant be actioned by site hosts, have limited description and actionable instructions, they require mod developers to have full access to a user site, mod developer with limited skills in articulating a procedure?

I think a lot of these "so called" mod developers had better learn to read my post and understand that short selling and mis-leading is unacceptable.

Mersh - you are the stupidest idiot here if you can not understand the points being made.

FIX YOUR MODS BEFORE SELLING THEM.

TEST THE MODS OUT BEFORE SELLING THEM

LEARN TO WRITE BETTER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Finally

Mersh, I can hound you and hassle you like no other if I want to - so don't try and stick it to me further - put a civil tongue into your typing or I'll come at you with a vengance.

Dafydd

Guys, mersh just likes to stir things up. Let it go.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Sell us crap and we'll dump on you! Galnet and JesusTV please take note. Dafydd (a tad p*** off)
    I agree, however at this present time I've got more important things to be worried about (new son born 1st August 2008). Let's stop fighting and start acting as a community and hopefully together we can make some improvments to an already great script!

Regards,
    galnet.
    ------------------------------------
    Make an arse of yourself:
    http://www.youtwatonline.com
    ------------------------------------

I have been away for a while. I have re-launched my vshare mods here, V-Share-Mods.com. They all work on the current version of vshare. The site is actually a vshare site that has been modified to display and sell the mods.

I hope you guys enjoy.

Thanks, Jereme

PS, Congrats galnet!

SWEET!

The biggest question I have about the random video player is...does it work with imported videos from Video Swiper?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast