Thread: Special application

Default Special application

We are planning a site to serve special-purpose videos to a niche market. I wonder if your product will work for this purpose. The main differences that I see are as follows:
    1. Users will not be uploading videos. Only the administrators will post videos to the site.
    2. These videos will be longer, instructional and seminar type of videos. Maybe 1 or 2 hours each. How long of a video is practical? If necessary, we can break up a video into multiple pieces of perhaps 15 - 30 minutes each.
    3. Users will pay for each video they view. Does your system support this? If a certain video is split into 2 parts, can a single payment give the user access to both parts?
    4. Does this work on current Apple Mac computers as well as Windows PCs? (I'm referring to clients)
    5. Does the PayPal payment system support PayPal Payments Pro so users can pay directly with credit card?

thank you for your help

You do know this is a 10 dollar script? I think you have 2 choices pay 400 dollars for a better known script or (i like this one better) buy this script and pay someone to mod the couple of features this script doesnt have that you need.
    As far as i know these things in your needs list are suitable:

1. Yes you can make it so you are the only ones to upload to it.
    2. You can set your server and the script up to cater for 1-2hr videos (if your server is powerful enough)

3. You may have to pay someone to set up a pay per view basis, but it wouldnt take alot to mod the current script.
    4. FLV videos flash is multi operating system.
    5. Yes it does have paypal, and normal paypal u pay straight into it with your credit card.

Hope i answered your enquiries (Im not a part of the script team, but i do love the script) good 10 bucks spent.

Thanks for your input. I have a few questions on what you said:

1. "You can set your server and the script up to cater for 1-2hr videos (if your server is powerful enough)"
    By "powerful enough" do you mean enough disk space, or something else?

2. I understand that source code is not available, so how can someone modify the code for this script?

3. By "normal PayPal" does that mean it does NOT support Payments Pro, where the customer can do a credit card purchase directly on my site?

As for the price, I don't know if anything available will work for us, and I'd rather waste $10 than $400!

You said you're not on the script team, but do you work for the company?

I'm wondering if I can submit specs for changes that I would need, and get a quote and a promise of delivery.

thanks again

By "powerful enough" do you mean enough disk space, or something else?
    Converting video into FLV need lot of CPU. So you will need a good server that is not already overloaded. video conversion is done by mencoder or ffmpeg, so how much CPU power needed depends on the video format, and the conversion tool, not vshare script. Script only calls these command to convert video.

2. I understand that source code is not available, so how can someone modify the code for this script?
    You will not able to modify the script. The script work as you can see in the demo. If you need some other features, this is not the script for you.

3. By "normal PayPal" does that mean it does NOT support Payments Pro, where the customer can do a credit card purchase directly on my site?
    Only paypal is supported.

I'm wondering if I can submit specs for changes that I would need, and get a quote and a promise of delivery.
    We plan to do this, but currently we are busy with current bug fix and many features are pending, so we can't take custom work at this time.