Thread: Ads showing after video ends

Default Ads showing after video ends

How can i make the player show ads, after finishing the video, and in the middle there would be the "replay" button. This can be a feature request as well!
    So another ad place, when video finished...

Default Re: Ads showing after video ends

This is technically not a function of vShare, but a function of your Flash Player. vShare ships with JW Player 3.12, which is rather outdated. You can upgrade the player to the latest version which does support ads and "replay" buttons. Or, you can change the player out all together. I know that many people here are using the Agriya player. Search the forums for posts on how to do that.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I have to say that I *finally* got around to updating my JW player and using all the skins available for it and wowza what a difference!!! It was hella easier than I thought it was going to be too. Just upload the new files, that's it. Then if you use a skin to jazz it up, just add one line of code to the player.inc, rename the skin you just got to "skin.swf" and upload everything. Done. No muss, no fuss. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4094&p=17298
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

I upgraded my sites to the version 4 player and it looked great. Quality was better and I liked the preload progress wheel. However after a week I noticed that there were lots of users viewing still frames instead of video even though the sound was playing. After testing on several of my sites I found that indeed about 1/4 of the time the visual would not begin to play unless a refresh was chosen. So I removed the player 4 and reinstalled version 3.x and the stalled video problem did not occur.
    I have not tried to figure it out, but I wish it had worked.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Interesting. I've not had one bit of trouble with it.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Your problem is due to compression. Most hosts nowadays are installing mod_gzip and mod_deflate. Both of these programs are intended to save on bandwidth by compressing files before sending them to your browser. The problem is that flash video is already compressed (just like images). This "dual" compression causes a ton of problems with the newer players. vShare, by default, turns off mod_gzip (in the .htaccess). It does not, however, reconfigure mod_deflate. You will need to first check to see if your server has mod_deflate installed. If it does, you will need to find the configuration file for it (usually, it's in the same directory or a subdirectory of where your httpd.conf file is located) and add the FLV extension to its list of pass through extensions. That will resolve your problem.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    vShare, by default, turns off mod_gzip (in the .htaccess). It does not, however, reconfigure mod_deflate. You will need to first check to see if your server has mod_deflate installed.
    Yes, this is in my htaccess file. Is this exception something that can be added to the htaccess file related to the mod_deflate or is it only controlled in the file you describe? I have no access to the directory with httpd.conf as I am on shared hosting with Dreamhost for my most used sites. I will check with my sites on APT and HostOnNet to see how they control this.

Right now I am going to assume I do have that double compression as you describe because of your instant ability to recognize my symptoms.

This is worth me persuing as the trailing ads are a definite value.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

I'm not sure if there is a way to control mod_deflate from .htaccess (at least, I have not found a way). The problem that you described was a similar problem that I ran into when I first started using vShare. I would have the following symptoms:

1. Video would start with audio only, picture would not move.
    2. Video and audio would start, but the bar under the video would not move or did not load properly.
    3. Video and audio would start fine (usually after reloading the page).

All of which were due to (for me) mod_deflate.
    vShare Solutions