Thread: /cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl? goes to white page

Default /cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl? goes to white page

When I am uploading a video in .mp4 format, the progress bar reaches 100% without a problem but then loads the /cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl file as remains white (blank) for a several minutes before finally landing on upload_success.php. The problem with this is that my members uploading videos think an error has occurred. Any suggestions? :(

Default Re: /cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl? goes to white page

Diable upload progress bar

include/settings/upload.php

Code:
        $use_upload_progress_bar = 1;

Set it to 0
    Code:
        $use_upload_progress_bar = 0;

and try to upload a video

That white page occurs when vshare copies the video from the temp folder to the flvideo folder. If you set your site to process videos in the background instead of processing immediately, your users will get a "successful upload" message immediately after the upload instead of seeing that white screen.

To do that, go to the admin screen, click on Site Settings, go over to the Miscellaneous tab, and pull down the Video Processing menu, selecting "background processing"... it doesn't slow down the video processing at all, just doesn't make your user wait through it.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    That white page occurs when vshare copies the video from the temp folder to the flvideo folder. If you set your site to process videos in the background instead of processing immediately, your users will get a "successful upload" message immediately after the upload instead of seeing that white screen.

To do that, go to the admin screen, click on Site Settings, go over to the Miscellaneous tab, and pull down the Video Processing menu, selecting "background processing"... it doesn't slow down the video processing at all, just doesn't make your user wait through it.
    After making this change, the video never appears. I have checked the the 'Approve Videos' and 'Inactive Videos' links in the admin panel and did not see the video in either. Any suggestion as to what is happening to the video?

If I switch the video back to Realtime Processing and upload the same video again, the video uploads but I must sit through the white page again. Bummer :(

In batch processing mode, the video is uploaded to the server and is placed in the process queue. After a set amount of time, your cron.php file is executed which starts the conversion process. If you are not seeing anything happen in your process queue, this means that your cronjob is not running properly (the cronjon that you had to setup during the installation).
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex
    In batch processing mode, the video is uploaded to the server and is placed in the process queue. After a set amount of time, your cron.php file is executed which starts the conversion process. If you are not seeing anything happen in your process queue, this means that your cronjob is not running properly (the cronjon that you had to setup during the installation).
    Thanks bplex. I will check it out.