Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLV conversion process stopped working out of nowhere.

Default FLV conversion process stopped working out of nowhere.

Everything worked just fine about a month ago. Today I was going to start working on site again and flash conversion is broken. Nothing has been changed, thumbnail creation is set up to mplayer, backgrond processing, verified fix in video_conversion.php and .htaccess ... still getting error
    2008-10-01 19:58:37 Return value: Opening video decoder: [dmo] DMO video codecs
    2008-10-01 19:58:37 Running flvtool2: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/flvtool2 -U /home/japa13/scult.com/flvideo/12229163151518841009.flv
    2008-10-01 19:58:37 Convert Error or converted video is less than 1 kb in size, try upload a big video. If that do not work, verify convert command works on the server.

any idea what could have happened?

Default Re: FLV conversion process stopped working out of nowhere.

Please change the video conversion command in include/settings/video_conversion.php

Upload one test video and try its working or not

this is what I had before and have right now. I believe this is modified code from whats in install package:

Code:
    <?php
    $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames";

$cmd_all = $cmd_mencoder;

$convert_3gp = $cmd_all;

$convert_mp4 = $cmd_all;

$convert_mov = $cmd_all;

$convert_asf = $cmd_all;

$convert_mpg = $cmd_all;

$convert_avi = $cmd_all;

$convert_mpeg = $cmd_all;

$convert_wmv = $cmd_all;

$convert_rm = $cmd_all;

$convert_dat = $cmd_all;

Replace the video_conversion.php with the following

Code:
    <?php

$cmd_ffmpeg = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec libmp3lame -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv $video_flv";

# For latest version of mplayer
    $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -ofps 24 -vf harddup";

$convert_3gp = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov = $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg = $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi = $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv = $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm = $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat = $cmd_all;

Hi there.
    Does that change in the file apply to everyone who has this in their original file?

Code:
    i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
    .... or is that strictly for people who are using the installed vShare player out of the box? We're having file conversion problems too (not getting done automatically) but we're using the jwplayer. However, our code matches the code that's shown above, before the change was posted here by vshare. Thanks.
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.

Not getting done automatically is a cron problem, not a conversion problem. Secondly, the change only applies to certain versions of mplayer. In some of the older versions of mplayer, you have to specify that the video does not contain b-frames (b-frames will cause mplayer to not convert a video at all). Some of the newer versions do not require this switch. However, this is server OS specific because I have seen that the same version of mplayer installed on different OS's behave differently. For example, on a CentOS/Fedora install, I have to certify the b-frames on the latest version of mplayer. However, on an Ubuntu install, I had to use the other code.

For the record, the default installation of vShare has both codes in the file: one is the first code with the b-frame declaration (commented out), the other is the code without it.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Hi there, bplex.
    Thanks for clarifying that, and also the issue with the buttons. As far as I was concerned, a button ALWAYS performs a function ... after all, that *IS* why it is a button. I always thought that the button value was "reserved" for the browser visible portion only.
    So, since we're running 64bit Debian 4 with the latest php and sql, should I just go ahead and leave the file conversion stuff alone? We do have a stand-by server admin who really knows their stuff (just can't afford the rates all of the time) and they're looking into that cron issue for free. They'll let me know something within the next few days.
    I'll let you know what I find out from them.
    EinfachClicken
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.

Quote Originally Posted by buyscripts

Code:
    <?php

$cmd_ffmpeg = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec libmp3lame -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv $video_flv";

$cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -ofps 24 -vf harddup";

$convert_3gp = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov = $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg = $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi = $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv = $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm = $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat = $cmd_all;

Just tried that and still getting this: weird thing is that it worked fine before. I have videos that have been converted and watermarked.

Return value: Exiting...

Running flvtool2: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/flvtool2 -U /home/japa13/cult.com/flvideo/12229750961890241208.flv

Convert Error or converted video is less than 1 kb in size, try upload a big video. If that do not work, verify convert command works on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by EinfachClicken
    Hi there, bplex.
    Thanks for clarifying that, and also the issue with the buttons. As far as I was concerned, a button ALWAYS performs a function ... after all, that *IS* why it is a button. I always thought that the button value was "reserved" for the browser visible portion only.
    So, since we're running 64bit Debian 4 with the latest php and sql, should I just go ahead and leave the file conversion stuff alone? We do have a stand-by server admin who really knows their stuff (just can't afford the rates all of the time) and they're looking into that cron issue for free. They'll let me know something within the next few days.
    I'll let you know what I find out from them.
    EinfachClicken
    Your logic regarding buttons is correct. I guess, a better way of saying it is that buttons can do two things. They can trigger a sequence of events or they can BE the event itself. For example, a form asking you to fill out information usually has a submit button. In this case, the submit button merely transmits the information in the form to the script for processing. In the case of your issue above, the button IS what is being processed. In most cases, you can change the value of a button and it not hurt anything. However, in some cases (as in the function above), the script is looking for the "button" to contain a certain value (think of the button as the form) and, based on that value, performs certain actions.

With regards to your conversion issue, I would let your server guy take a deeper look into it. Once he is able to resolve that, your files should convert automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpoff
    Quote Originally Posted by buyscripts

Code:
    <?php

$convert_3gp = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov = $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg = $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi = $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv = $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm = $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat = $cmd_all;

Just tried that and still getting this: weird thing is that it worked fine before. I have videos that have been converted and watermarked.

Running flvtool2: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/flvtool2 -U /home/japa13/cult.com/flvideo/12229750961890241208.flv

Convert Error or converted video is less than 1 kb in size, try upload a big video. If that do not work, verify convert command works on the server.
    Can you post the entire conversion log and not just that line. Seeing the entire process helps to solve the error.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

here's full output...

Code:
    STARTING VIDEO CONVERSION (process_queue.id = 59)

File: /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv

####################################################

INSERT INTO video SET UID='5', seo_name='-', title='', description='', keyword='', channel='0||0', vdoname='one_1.wmv', flvdoname='12229827742061842187.flv', addtime='1222982774', adddate='2008-10-02', type='', active='0', approve='1'

Video id: 54

Find video duration - START

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv
    FFmpeg version SVN-r7964, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration: --prefix=/home/japa13 --cross-compile --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-x264 --enable-gpl --enable-xvid
      libavutil version: 49.3.0
      libavcodec version: 51.32.0
      libavformat version: 51.9.0
      built on Feb 13 2008 22:42:29, gcc: 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 29.97 (30000/1001)
    Input #0, asf, from '/home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv':
      Duration: 00:00:42.1, start: 5.000000, bitrate: 525 kb/s
      Stream #0.0: Audio: wmav2, 44100 Hz, stereo, 64 kb/s
      Stream #0.1: Video: wmv2, yuv420p, 480x352, 29.97 fps(r)
    Must supply at least one output file

Duration (ffmpeg): 42

DURATION: 00:42

Create Thumbnail - START
    Creating Thumbnail with ffmpeg

/home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/54.jpg
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv -ss 00:00:10 -t 00:00:01 -s 320x240 -r 1 -f mjpeg /home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/54.jpg

/home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/1_54.jpg
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv -ss 00:00:01 -t 00:00:01 -s 120x90 -r 1 -f mjpeg /home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/1_54.jpg

/home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/2_54.jpg
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv -ss 00:00:17 -t 00:00:01 -s 120x90 -r 1 -f mjpeg /home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/2_54.jpg

/home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/3_54.jpg
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv -ss 00:00:25 -t 00:00:01 -s 120x90 -r 1 -f mjpeg /home/japa13/cult.com/thumb/3_54.jpg

Create Thumbnail with ffmpeg - END

CONVERT COMMAND: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/mencoder '/home/japa13/cult.com/video/one_1.wmv' -o /home/japa13/cult.com/flvideo/12229827742061842187.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -ofps 24 -vf harddup

Array
    (
        [0] => MEncoder 1.0rc1-3.3.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
        [1] => CPU: Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1218 HE (Family: 15, Model: 67, Stepping: 3)
        [2] => CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
        [3] => Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
        [4] => 
        [5] => success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x2a4398
        [6] => ASF file format detected.
        [7] => VIDEO:  [WMV2]  480x352  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
        [8] => [V] filefmt:6  fourcc:0x32564D57  size:480x352  fps:29.97  ftime:=0.0334
        [9] => ==========================================================================
        [10] => Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
        [11] => AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 64.0 kbit/4.54% (ratio: 8005->176400)
        [12] => Selected audio codec: [ffwmav2] afm: ffmpeg (DivX audio v2 (FFmpeg))
        [13] => ==========================================================================
        [14] => 
        [15] => Exiting...
    )

Running flvtool2: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/japa13/lib; /home/japa13/bin/flvtool2 -U /home/japa13/cult.com/flvideo/12229827742061842187.flv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast