Thread: Setup questions - delete & packages

Default Setup questions - delete & packages

Although proficient in working with html/php websites, I am a complete newbie with Tube sites. I am at a loss as to how to do a couple of things on this Vshare script, and can't find answers in the forums or Wiki.

DELETE videos: How? I may have overlooked, (although searched carefully) in the Admin section - and Admin can't Delete uploaded videos? And where can a member delete own videos? I logged in as my test member, and am at a complete loss.

Ok - now members (packages):

GROUP "A" - I'd like to give totally FREE access to the site - uploading, viewing, sharing, everything 100% free, unlimited bandwidth, etc..

GROUP "B" - PAYING members who can VIEW unlimited videos but Not Upload.

I can't seem to figure out how to set this up in Admin Add New Packages (Space (MB), Bandwidth (MB), Price $, Video Limit ) correctly.

I have to enable Packages in Settings, but then there's no way to have the FREE members. Or IS there?

Sorry to be such a twit when it comes to tube sites, but I guess we all have to start somewhere!

Thanks!
    Michael

Default Re: Setup questions - delete & packages

Update:

I DID find how to delete a video from the users account (duh - red X) - but can Admin not delete videos?

Still would like to know answer about setting up packages... but was wondering...

What if I set up a second script in another directory, accessing the SAME database.

GROUP A - would be directed to one install, where they have totally free, unlimited access.

GROUP B - would go to the other install, where I would remove certain functions (like emailing videos, etc.), disable uploading, etc. since it is a PAID site for VIEWING only?

Is it easier to do Packages (and if so, how?) or do it this way?

Thanks,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tman
    DELETE videos: How? I may have overlooked, (although searched carefully) in the Admin section - and Admin can't Delete uploaded videos? And where can a member delete own videos? I logged in as my test member, and am at a complete loss.
    In Admin Area find the video you need to delete.

Video Management > All Videos > Click on Title of the video

On next page, you will have option to delete video.

GROUP "A" - I'd like to give totally FREE access to the site - uploading, viewing, sharing, everything 100% free, unlimited bandwidth, etc..
    There is no way to create such a package. You may create a package with lot of resource, make it in active, then you can assign users to that group by your self.

Package Settings > Edit Subscription

GROUP "B" - PAYING members who can VIEW unlimited videos but Not Upload.
    For now, upload can't be disabled. You may set it to 1. Also set videos need approve, so uploded video will not go public untill admin approve it.

I can't seem to figure out how to set this up in Admin Add New Packages (Space (MB), Bandwidth (MB), Price $, Video Limit ) correctly.
    vshare do not count bandwidth properly, so better set it unlimited. There is no plan to measure bandwidth as it need serving flv through script, that can overload server. Also no large site will measure bandwidth of a user.

Put space bandwidth to a large number.

I have to enable Packages in Settings, but then there's no way to have the FREE members. Or IS there?
    There will be a Free trail membership when package is enabled.

What if I set up a second script in another directory, accessing the SAME database.
    vshare use MD5 encryption for storing password. bridinging is possible, but not easy as it need changes in script.

GROUP A - would be directed to one install, where they have totally free, unlimited access.
    It is not possible, because site use settings from database.

GROUP B - would go to the other install, where I would remove certain functions (like emailing videos, etc.), disable uploading, etc. since it is a PAID site for VIEWING only?
    This is not possible to do. You may limit number of videos can be uploded to 1.

Thank you for your help. Found the delete in Admin with your directions! :)

Is there a way of preventing a package from displaying during signup? In other words, if I do create that package for the one group that is unlimited everything, so I can move the free members to it - it still displays as an option during signup. How could I disable this unlimited one from showing and just have the one-day trial and the regular paid monthly member package showing?

Michael

Bumping this up to have my last question answered?