Thread: Categories and Right.tpl

Default Categories and Right.tpl

Hello!

How do I get rid of "sidebar" which is in right.tpl and include categories/channel on the main page?

I've been trying to figure those out for days, but to no avail.

Here's an example of what I want: http://media.maggie-gyllenhaal.info/

Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Default Re: Categories and Right.tpl

I haven't tried this but here's my thoughts.

To get rid of the side bar on the main page you need to remove all content in right.tpl. Name your original right.tpl as right_Original.tpl and then create a blank right.tpl and upload it.

To get the channels etal in there, try a php include (search forums for inserting php with vShare smarty templates). I think you'll have to do something like
    {php} include "your-file.php"; {/php}

I did this for a guestbook script on one of my sites and it works nice... or stick it in an iframe. I'll do some playing around and see what I can come up with.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

The way I got it to work is I went to channels.php on my site and did "view source".

I then copied and pasted the code for the section that shows the channels that I wanted on the front page.

I then pasted that code and removed the "how many and what not"parts leaving just the picture and the description parts into index.tpl where I wanted it to appear and it worked fine. You can currently view this at vshare-mods.com which is my "play with this script till it breaks and gets really ugly and screwed up" site.

I used the code for only the first 4 channels since this was just an example thing. You can put whatever channels or "categories" you want to show in there.

Thank you so much for your detailed instructions! I will give that a try, and come back here if I stumble upon any problems! Thank you again! :D

Oh, IF your layout gets messed up due to the missing code in right.tpl just add an empty cell like this (this is what you end up with if you remove all the right.tpl content):

Code:
    </td>
    <td width="7" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="top"></td>
    <td width="180" valign="top">
    What I would do is remove the reverence to size and color and that should fix the layout since the index.tp and right.tpl go hand in hand and it affects how the footer looks.

Code:
    </td>
    <td valign="top"></td>
    <td valign="top">