Thread: Search ?

Default Search ?

I don't know if you 've discovered it but the search is strange, i mean: if i upload a new video to my site, and click on a tag it that actual video won't show up however, the tag is there, and if i change something in the detail of my video, in the admin panel, and update it, the tags will work finally , but why is this??? Is this a bug, or videos are added to search after some time? I also checked other sites, but the same happens to them for example on bplex's site : http://www.bootyplex.com/recent/2 and click on the "asshole poker" click on tag "booty", but the video won't show up in the search... So why is this?

Default Re: Search ?

Interesting.... hmmm.... Aha!

The problem is in the tag search itself. I did a test on two different videos that have two different tag setups. The one you listed has tags space delimited. Another video that I uploaded more recently has tags comma delimited. On the space delimited tags, the tag search does work (probably because the search function is searching for exact tags versus using the LIKE functions. This would mean that the search would have to know that there are spaces between the tags to get a match. With commas, the screening functions will detect it as a delimiter and will separate each tag out as individual words so that when you search for, say, "booty," it will find all references to it.

The simple fix to this is to change all of your tags to comma delimited. In the next release, however, this may be fixed altogether as I hear that there will be a much improved search system in the next release.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

That will take an awful lot of time...

well no, the problem is not with the space ! I tested two videos, one with space and one with comma, and NOW they both works... The reason for you that it worked cause, as i have told you after editing a video in admin panel (just do something maybe adding a tag) and then updating info makes the tag work again... So the problem still exists, It happens sometimes but i don't know when and why...

Ok, there does in fact appear to be a bug here as another video that I had (with commas) was not searching. It wasn't until after I updated it from the admin panel that it showed up in the search.

Also, this appears to be random. Reason I say so is because a video that I never touched in the admin panel is working without me doing anything. Yet, another video that I never touched is not.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

strange...

I think I may have found the problem. I'm testing now to see. Out of curiosity, are you using the upload progress bar?
    vShare Solutions

Ok. I just uploaded a brand new video from the upload mechanism and did not touch it from the admin panel and the tags are working fine (used commas). Went to a video that I never touched from the admin panel that was uploaded via spaces and the tags are not working properly. Updated it from the admin panel and they are now working correctly. This tells me that there is something wrong with uploading videos with spaces as the keywords. Further investigate into the database shows that the reason why the tags are not showing up is because apparently, the tags are not displayed from the video table. Rather, the tags are displayed from the "tag_video" table. Whenever you have a video that does not show up after searching for the tag, it is because vShare failed to create an entry into the tag_video table correlating the tag to the video. When you update it from the admin panel, it creates this correlation which is why it works after you update it from the admin panel. I would definitely classify this as a bug.
    vShare Solutions

(i don't use upload progress bar)

Yeah it does this just randomly... now i have to roll over every video :S great...