Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 404 Not Found error

Default 404 Not Found error

I have problem accessing homepage index.php when entering the url http://67.159.44.58/~whitncom/

I dont intend to sign up for domain name, just want to use the given IP Address with the folder name created by my hosting provider.

Anyway, I can only access my home page if I enter http://67.159.44.58/~whitncom/index.php

But when i click on the "Watch" link or after user login, it gives me the following msg:

Not Found
    The requested URL /home/whitncom/public_html/user.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks

Have you uploded the file /home/whitncom/public_html/user.php ?

I have uploaded all files in binary.

My hosting provider had just added a .htacess.b file in my root directory for redirecting user to the default page but the "Watch" link and after user login still not working.

Error msg when i click on "Watch":

Not Found
    The requested URL /~whitncom/recent/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Error msg after user login:

Not Found
    The requested URL /~whitncom/username was not found on this server.

Thanks.

Yes, I have uploaded user.php.

To me it looks like when you ran the vshare install you didnt configure it to the right places.

Exactly the same thing happened to me before my nameservers propagated the DNS. I think it's something to do with the string $baseurl. I'll be honest I have no idea how to alter it, but a cheap domain name would cure it I'm sure.
    Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !

Quote Originally Posted by zeffer
    To me it looks like when you ran the vshare install you didnt configure it to the right places.
    SPOT ON!! :D I just found that out! It was the placement of the ffmpeg in the config file.

Yeah it was a little strange to be something like most of the troubles here.

I am having this same issue (404 File Not Found) on several pages (not just WATCH, but also when you click on your login name to go to your user page, etc).

The path to files are correct (triple checked). Chmod all files that need chmod (triple checked). All files uploaded (triple checked).

The only thing is that I'm using the default URL of the host provider that the script is being hosted on and not a domain name (yet). I have the domain, it's just that I don't want to set the nameserver for it to point to this host until I have it working and customized. This host supports YouTube Clones so it's not a .htaccess issue or anything like that.

Any other ideas or will this script simply not work without a "regular" domain name?

ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION: This script will not work without a "regular" domain.

I went ahead and set the nameservers on the domain, fixed the config.php to reflect the url and viola! Everything worked just fine.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Sounds like a database config not right. Admin will help you better than i can, its either A database not correct, files not uploaded in BINARY or a mysql problem with database.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast