Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Error when uploading

No, as stated above it goes into the "video" folder and that's as far as it gets.

Ok then sorry bout top answer i replyed without reading the top, and forgot what it had said. I will go out on a limb and say that you didnt choose the right ffmpeg directory when you first installed vshare.

I did actually, but I have also changed the config.php to reflect different paths as well just to see if that might be in the issue. It didn't help at all.

Hmm Admin may have to look at this then.

Your problem is with ffmpeg or ffmpeg-php

It is installed on your server, but is not properly working.

Solution is reinstall ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php properly.

If neither is installed correctly then why does it properly work via the command line?

Here is a JPEG created via the command line: (ffmpeg -i actionav01.avi -f image2 -vcodec mjpeg menu%d.jpg)

http://movietype.com/samples/menu50.jpg

Here is a movie encoded: (ffmpeg -i actionav01.avi -s cif -f m4v -vcodec mpeg4 MVI_0000video.m4v)

http://movietype.com/samples/MVI_0000video.m4v

Which works and opens fine in VLC. So if these things are not installed correctly why do they work?

In addition we also have other scripts running on the same server that use the ffmpeg setup and they work just fine.

I still think your script when installed wasnt guided to the right place. But it is a weird one havent heard of it before. You could also have a look at clip shares forum to see if someone there has had the same symptoms.

We didn't just install this script once, but multiple times to insure that each path was correct or any combination. In addition we changed the config.php as well when needed to test it that way. Everything else works but his particular critical feature (the whole purpose of the script).

We have other scripts that use ffmpeg and they work fine (and we have reloaded ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php multiple times as well just to make sure). We also tested this via the command line to make sure it was encoding correctly and it is doing so.

In truth we have now spent hours on a $10 script and would have been better off spending the extra money for clip share so I think we will go that route. We just needed a lower cost script as we were planning on making multiple niche sites to use it on (and buying a copy for each). This script seems to be working for others, but not for us, and I am not certain exactly why.

Your problem is with ffmpeg installation.

Are you saying you have other script on the server working ?

If yes, PM me your site FTP login details, i cam check it for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast