Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fully Integrated Google Site Search and other tweaks...

Default Fully Integrated Google Site Search and other tweaks...

I just wanted to share my latest work. I do not have time to put together a full "How To" at the moment, but I just had to share. ;)

First off, I have replaced my sites search function with Google Site search and Web Search using the Custom Search from Google. You can give it a try by searching for something on my site and you will see what I mean.

Also, I have added some new stuff to the profile pages. I have added a Online Status Indicator, Random User Video, and User Blog. See My Profile: http://www.thejesustv.com/uprofile.php?UID=2

Other little tweaks include the image rollover for video thumbs as well as setting things up to be more interactive. For instance when I am logged in and I go to my profile I see and Edit My Profile link and the page is setup for me. If someone else views my profile it is setup for a viewer.

Anyway, I am really excited about these new features/changes, and would love to hear what you think.

Thanks, Jereme

Default Re: Fully Integrated Google Site Search and other tweaks...

Your site looks great!!! would/could you share your "video responses" code I would like to have that feature on mysite.

Quote Originally Posted by l1some
    Your site looks great!!! would/could you share your "video responses" code I would like to have that feature on mysite.
    Thanks so much!

The video responses code required me to edit some files that are php encoded in vshare. My site is a mix of vshare, other scripts, and custom coding. So the code does not work with vshare directly. I am hoping to work on getting these mods for vshare, but I just don't have the time right now.

Thanks, Jereme

You are gooooood!!, again your site looks great, hope to see some of your code/mods here!!

You are gooooood!!, again your site looks great, hope to see some of your code/mods here!!
    Thanks!

I noticed that you have launched a VShare mods site like mine. I think it is great. I mean the more the merrier!

However, it is obvious that you took your Terms of service directly from my site.

Your Terms:
    Many of the mods/addons in our inventory are based on components purchased on the various flash websites on the internet. We have modified these components to work specifically with VShare 2.6 and PHPMOTION V2 All of the components have been purchased for use on unlimited websites and client work. When you purchase any of our mods/addons you are in effect agreeing to become a "client" of TheOGspot.com Flash Mods. If you have any problems installing any of these Flash mod, please use the "Contact Us" link.
    My Terms:
    Many of the mods/addons in our inventory are based on components purchased on the various flash websites on the internet. We have modified these components to work specifically with VShare 2.6. All of the components have been purchased for use on unlimited websites and client work. When you purchase any of our mods/addons you are in effect agreeing to become a "client" of V-Share-Mods.com for the purpose of installing and configuring the mod/addon for your site. However, we have packaged all of our mods/addons to be easily installed and configured with very basic skills. If you experience any difficulty installing a mod/addon we will be happy to assist you.
    This makes me wonder if some of the mods that you are selling were actually purchased like mine. I mean your Carousel, Ferris Wheel, and Jukebox mods are exactly the same as mine. So either you did like I did and purchased them and then modified them to work or you just snagged them from me. Since your Terms were taken from my site then it just makes me wonder.

With that said, I wish you well. I believe that "Competition Breeds Innovation".

Jereme

Once again, This stuff is not hard, this are this file I purchased and change. Did you make these also? I admit I made them to look like yours, not hard to do, if you know flash. My bad!!! :oops:

http://www.weberdesignlabs.com/blog/?p=11
    http://www.flashcomponents.net/componen ... u_xml.html

Once again, This stuff is not hard, this are this file I purchased and change. Did you make these also? I admit I made them to look like yours, not hard to do, if you know flash. My bad!!! :oops:

http://www.weberdesignlabs.com/blog/?p=11
    http://www.flashcomponents.net/componen ... u_xml.html
    Well, like I told you in my email. I am fine with you doing what I did by modifying them to work, but you were obviously using my modified files. For instance the Video Gallery that you took down was definitely mine since it was using images that I did create from scratch.

No need to have any hard feelings. I am glad to see you bringing more mods to vshare. I just think there is room for us all if we "play nice"

Good Luck with you mods!

Jereme

It's all good in the name of Vshare!!

I've thought about doing this on different sites, but have wondered, if Google doesn't have every page of my site indexed, how does their search do a more thorough job than the search funtion that's actually tied in to my site's database? OR is the "site search" part of Google something that guarantees every page is indexed immediately upon creation?

Man you do nice work though..... how do you find the time to figure all this stuff out??? :)

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    I've thought about doing this on different sites, but have wondered, if Google doesn't have every page of my site indexed, how does their search do a more thorough job than the search funtion that's actually tied in to my site's database? OR is the "site search" part of Google something that guarantees every page is indexed immediately upon creation?

Man you do nice work though..... how do you find the time to figure all this stuff out??? :)
    Yeah, it would be an issue if your site has not been indexed. I have my site setup with sitemaps and such to help, but you are right the search is limited to those pages that are indexed.

Thanks!!

Jereme

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast