Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

Hi, how can i disable people downloading content from /templates dir? Or where can i change the path to template dir?

Default Re: Hi!

Thansk,however, that's not a solution, cause everybody can download my templates by simply typing for example: http://mysite.com/templates/header.tpl
    It would be the best if i could just simply change path to templates in a php or somewhere..

Since the templates are not read directly, you can deny access to any .tpl file using .htaccess.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

thanks, also chmodding all templates 640 can solve the problem! And they only work if they have been already cached! Cause then noone will need the templates! So first wait 1 day or visit every page of your site, and then change the chmod to 640

That's a bad way of doing that because if you change your template, it will never update without you redoing the permissions. The better way would be to deny direct access to the .tpl files.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Make a .htaccess file with this code and put it in your templates directory.

Code:
    <files ~ "\.tpl$">
    order deny,allow
    allow from none
    deny from all
    </files>

thanks it's wroking, great! :)