Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
I think in a dynamic software u can´t merge all bugs. Look at firefox, sometimes we get a new version because the old is buggy, unsecure or whatever.
No one is saying that a software is going to be bug free. However, what I am saying is that we were told that the reason why vShare 2.7 was not released two months ago was because they wanted to put up the test site to help get rid of bugs. We then get a released version of vShare a couple of days ago, but after looking at the repository, changes were being made right up to the release, which means that the whole point of putting the software up for testing was just to waste time. I'm a software developer and I completely understand how a release cycle works. From what I can see here, the normal process for a software release was not followed as there was no cutoff point before releasing a GA copy. In software development, the process goes:

1. Design stage
2. Alpha Stage
3. Beta Stage
4. Release Candidate Stage (if you going this route, usually most people do not)
5. RTM (or in the case of web software, GA release)

Each stage can have several parts (for example, you can have a beta 1, beta 2, etc). Based on what I have seen here, vShare 2.7 is looking like beta code and not full version code.

Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
I can't even imagine that vshare is free now? What is the tactic here?
My point here was that the download link was freely available on the WIKI. Thus, anyone could have downloaded the software without paying for it. Hence, my question regarding whether or not the software was free.