Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I use .mov files

Default Can I use .mov files

Can I use .mov files as I have a large quantity I want to post to my site http://www.viralmyvideo.com

Look, it's not steep till you need to stop ok !

Default Thanx for the info

Thanx for the info - then how come I cant get one to upload to my site could you test it for me http://www.viralmyvideo.com

Paul

Default Thanx again

Hi Phil

Thanx for that so does it need to be short in length then - I have a number of 5/6 minute videos to upload but I tried and they would not upload - any I doing something wrong

As a fellow Brit I am living here stateside now I want to say thanx for the help much appreciated

I am also working on a new tech that will enable all video clips to have ad codes added to them so that they can be downloaded and shared from person to person creating ad impression every time they are played - the system also prevents all video and audio files from being downloaded onto an ipod or other device

Default One other question I have

I how can I get some general videos to add to the site so that it looks active to seed it as we just opened the doors of the site and I want to get some content into most of the sections.

Paul

I suppose it depends on who hosts your site, as to how big a file they will let you upload. I used to be with cirtex, and had problems with anything bigger than about 7-8 meg. I'm with HostOnNet now, and have uploaded nearly 50Mb files. I've had some twitches, but they all play. As for getting your site full of videos and users, I'm afraid that is just normal site promotion. I'm lucky in that I have a ski forum which ticks over during the summer, then goes mad in the ski season. I'm adding videos as I go along, and encourage my visitors to do so as well. I make my own stuff, so there is a fair bit of originality, in a niche market, which helps.
    Metacafe offer their users $5 for each thousand views, after approval of course, and after the video has been seen 20k times plus. Perhaps some sort of competition or reward to get users to your site?

HTH

Default Re: Can I use .mov files

Quote Originally Posted by mediageek
    Can I use .mov files as I have a large quantity I want to post to my site http://www.viralmyvideo.com

If you can't upload .mov file, problem is with your mencoder installation, that is not working properly.

Code:
    /usr/bin/mencoder /home/trulacom/public_html/video/1.mov -o /home/trulacom/public_html/flvideo/1.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
    Run this command on your server and see if video get converted to FLV. If it do not get convrted, problem is your mplayer is not working properly or using an old version.

Default Thanx again

I am with Cirtex right now but plan to move soon would you recommend your host then what do they charge?

Also do you know where would get a script for a p2p audio sharing site as we want to be in the audio file business too

Paul

About the same price, but I am nowhere near the limits of my package. I hope to find out how my hosts perform when it does get busy for me in 6 months. If they don't, I'm considering my own server.

Have absolutely no idea about P2P except at user level, sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast