Thread: Not able to convert videos in vshare 2.7

Cool Not able to convert videos in vshare 2.7

I have just installed vshare script 2.7

I have problems with converting files. I have searched the forum here and many have problems with this, but can't find the solution.

Here is the error:

Code:
    $cmd_convert_v = convert_wmv

428 $cmd_convert = /usr/bin/mencoder '/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/video/katie_holmes.wmv' -o /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/flvideo/4ca4238a0b/12431244061909618830.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames

MEncoder SVN-r28661-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Exiting... (error parsing command line)

Return value: Exiting... (error parsing command line)
    Running flvtool2: /usr/bin/flvtool2 -U /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/flvideo/4ca4238a0b/12431244061909618830.flv

UPDATE `process_queue` SET `status`='6' WHERE `id`='16'

ERROR: failed video conversion.
    I see this error are the same in this topic: HERE

Can it be a problem with vshare 2.7? Anyone have the code from vshare 2.6 so I can try it?

My members are uploading many videos, so I hope anyone can help me with this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Ps. We have some .flv videos. Do they need to be converted or can we upload them in some folder? if so.... do you know where?

You can put Your .flv videos in any folder on Your website, and add them thru the control panel of vshare. Locate , "Add Flv/Embed"

Adding videos this way has one small issue. You manually have to create the thumbnail for each video and upload to /thumbs folder.

2.7 has conversation problems where 2.6 can succesfully convert, on same server.

Default Re:conversation problems

Hi trunk

Any idea on how to fix the conversation problems in 2.7

I really need to fix this as soon as possible...

Thanks

I'll be working on that today and post it here :)
    (if succeed)

Default Re:conversation problems

Great!! Looking forward to the result..

Ok, this will be a pain and You'll need SSH to make this happen.
    In almost all kind of settings combination, I was not able to convert anyting at all.
    So I wanted to go this way to see if this works.

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i '/home/user/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/video/filetoConvert.wmv' -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv -b 1000000 /home/user/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/flvideo/videofolderName/videoName.flv

Yes, I am able to convert now. But, videoFoldername and videoName.flv must be obtained thru the panel first. This means, You'll try and fail, get the file and folder names that's written to db, and then convert.

But, since the code is not encripted, I'll try to apply this command to the .php script tomorrow and see what happens. Sorry for the delay but I am in a process of moving 2 sites and apply the database changes on them.