Thread: How to run flvtool via putty

Default How to run flvtool via putty

I've recently installed lighttpd, and I have to run flvtool to all videos via Putty, but I don't have ssh knowledge for do this.

Anybody can explain how do this?

Thank you in advance!

Thumbs up

Firstly you need all you video files names. Go to your files with "cd and file path"

The write "ls > file.txt" to make a text file with all your videos.

Go through ftp and open this file and edit with an text editor, before of every file put "flvtool2 -U"

files should look like this
    flvtool2 -U 1.flv
    flvtool2 -U 2.flv

Then copy - paste to ssh.

Thumbs up

Thank you for your explanation, Rammstein! I've made this without any problem.

You know if there are any solution for do this automatically when I upload a new flv video?

The script is doing it for you after video convention, but if you have a slow server the flvtool some times do not work because the server can not connect to SQL. :mad:

The problem is that if I upload a flv file, the script does not re-convert, because flv tool is not executed. I wanted to know if there is some automatic way of solving this.

flvtool do not convert only add flv info. When you upload a flv the script run only the flvtool to add flv info, nothing else because the flv will lose the quality if the video is converted.

Yes, I've activated the flvtool option in admin panel, but when I upload a new flv file, the flvtool don't add any info to the video, because the flv video is not reconverted and the flvtool don't start.