Thread: flv files appear in other folder

Default flv files appear in other folder

After upgrading 2.6 to 2.7
    new flv video files (after CONVERSION) become appear here - /flvideo/4ca4238a0b/
    (not in /flvideo/)

How can I return it to the /flvideo/ ?

Thank you.

Why you need it ?

If you have too many files in a folder, it affect performance of the server.

You can try editing functions_upload.php

Find

Code:
                $video_folder = floor($convert_vid / 1000) + 1;
                $video_folder = md5($video_folder);
                $video_folder = substr($video_folder, 1, 10);
                $video_folder = trim($video_folder);
                $video_folder .= '/';
    Replace with

Code:
                $video_folder = '';
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default Problem updating files in subfolder

Hi- Several of the flv files on my site became corrupted and unlike the previous version I am no longer able to simply upload a fresh copy of the flv into that subfolder.

Is there a way to change that subfolders permissions or ownership? Or is my only option to add the videos again and then manually update the records in the database to show the actual video view count, date added, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Why can't you manually reupload the files ? Just check the database, you will get file name and folder name. Rename your video to to the name listed in videos table, then upload it to folder specified in the videos table.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default subfolder permissions/ownership

Hi- thanks for your reply. The problem is that the subfolder that the scripts created in the flvideo folder is not owned by the client account on the server but rather to "99" thus I can not upload, rename, delete, etc anything in that folder.

Uploaded files will be owned by the user that runs web server. If you use suPHP, files will have correct permission. Also permission 777 will give give everyone full permission on a folder.
    [email protected]

Hi- I don't think I made myself clear. The subfolder "4ca4238a0b" that was created by the script during upgrade is NOT owned by the user of the server account, but rather is is owned by "99" so I can not change the permissions or alter or upload files within that subfolder since I am not "99".

My server is not suPHP and so the flvideo folder is set to 777 but the subfolder which I can do nothing with is set to 755.

The same problem occurred with the new subfolder in the thumbs but I altered the pages to pull thumbs from the main/old thumb directory since I manually create them and need to replace the auto generated ones which I couldn't do in their new folder. This works on most pages on the site but not all which makes me hesitant to try the alteration mentioned previously to skip the new subfolder.