Thread: Installation of 2.7 gone wrong :/

Default Installation of 2.7 gone wrong :/

So i paid $5 for hostonnet to do the 2.7 upgrade for me. He replied very quickly and i was impressed with how quick it was done and no downtime.

So i went to modify the new template as i dont like having the 'watch,upload, share' bit on, that i noticed that in my normal ftp (using fireFTP) my templates/index.tpl was different to that found on the cpanel's ftp file manager.

So while trying to edit the index.tpl on fireftp i couldnt because it was still on the old install. Yet on the cpanel's file manager i could edit the index.tpl BUT when i did this, something conflicted with the site and it went all weird (even though its a simple code removal which i did before on 2.6.)

Before you ask me why am i not asking 'hostonnet' i have explained this in email about this problem and im not sure why they dont understand the problem. Surely its not just me its happening for? Has the install gone wrong?

So now i have a site on 2.7 that i dont like and cant change because every edit i do via cpanel or fireftp it fcuks up cuz its like its mirrored somewhere. I tried putting on a template from hostonnet and when i removed it and put the default on, it still had elements of that new template i tried, which was odd cuz it was fully removed :/

And now the video site ive had for over a year is fcuked up by 2.7 and i dont know what to do :/ suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Now ive found out the Admin - All Videos dont even work. Merry fcukin xmas to me :x
    Last edited by imported_hayleyli; 12-28-2009 at 07:54 AM.