Thread: vshare 2.8 beta + OpenX Video Ads

Default vshare 2.8 beta + OpenX Video Ads

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the following...

I am using VShare 2.8 (BETA) with the video_stream.php pseudo-streaming of my FLV files which also uses secure tokens to protect hotlinking.

However, now I am trying to integrate OpenX Video Ads into the mix using the default JW Player. The problem is that with the OpenX ad streamer, you seem to have to specify the URL of the main video stream in the xml file but obviosuly my streams on my site are dynamic. Ive tried using the basic http example taken from the OpenX Video ads example which simply specifies an ad to play (but no main stream) and then using the following flash embed code hoping that once the ad has played the main stream will play but the main stream isnt loading:

<script type='text/javascript'>
    var s1 = new SWFObject('{$config['baseurl']}/player/player.swf','ply','$config[player_width]','$config[player_height]','9','#000000');
    s1.addParam('allowfullscreen','true');
    s1.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always');
    s1.addParam('data','{$config['baseurl']}/player/player.swf');
    s1.addParam('src','{$config['baseurl']}/player/player.swf');
    s1.addParam('flashvars','$video_id.flv&plugins=hd-1&hd.file=$video_id.mp4&stretching=fill&skin={$con fig['baseurl']}/player/skin.swf&autostart=true&streamer={$config['baseurl']}/video_stream.php&logo={$config['baseurl']}/templates/images/watermark.png&image={$video_thumb_url}/thumb/{$video_folder}{$video_id}.jpg&token=$video_token& plugins={$config['baseurl']}/player/OpenAdStreamer.swf&config={$config['baseurl']}/player/config/http01.xml');
    s1.write('vshare_player');
    </script>

My thinking from the above embed code is that the OpenX video advert should play followed by my flv file ($video_id.flv) but again, this doesnt work. I then thought about trying to integrate the dynamic FLV stream video url into the openx xml file but not sure if this is the right route either.

Does anyone have any experience of this situation and what the right route would be to go? Perhaps admin have an idea??

Thanks and look forward to any replies.

I don't know if this helps or not but I was having problems skinning. Turned out to be the variables in includes/player_html_streaming.inc... Have you looked into that file?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Thanks for the reply. My embed code above is actually in the file you are talking about. I know I have all the correct flash vars as my ads play, its just that the main stream doesn't play. Im not sure if I should be including the path to the main stream in the OpenX xml file or if I should be calling it player_http_stream.inc. Does anyone have any ideas? Its so frustrating as I am so close to getting it working but yet so far! grrrr