Thread: v2.8 Beta - Bugs

Default v2.8 Beta - Bugs

Hi guys,

I have been testing 2.8 compared to 2.7 and I am seeing the following:

1. If you upload a video in 2.8, it uploads and plays fine but if you try to scrub to a part of the video not yet loaded, the video player comes up with an error message 'video not found'. However, this doesnt happen if you load the video fully - this however defeats the purpose of using php streaming. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Three (3) instances of the uploaded video seem to be sitting on the FTP server! Even when 'delete original video' (or whatever the setting is called) is selected. One copies gets stored in the 'templates_c' folder, another copy in the video folder and another copy in the flv folder within a randomly named folder. Surely once the video is uploaded and has been converted, there should only be one copy on the server. Having three (3) copies takes up a huge amount of space.

Lots more bugs to list but I will try to work on them and post anything else which doesnt seem to work.

I have been trying the php pseudo-streaming today in beta 2.8. I now have it working (after help from admin) and additional hassle but what I have found is, if you upload your own video which gets injected with metadata by flvtool2, the seeking works fine. However, the pseudo-streaming does not work with videos downloaded from youtube in the admin area. Im assuming the videos have not been injected on youtubes side (though highly doubtful) or the videos arent being converted correctly by vshare. Does anyone else have any idea why youtube videos cant seek??