Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optimize the mysql table

Default optimize the mysql table

I need help with optimizing the mysql Table, It seems to be spiking the server from what my host tells me.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction. ?

Ej21

mysql is already optimized, may be your sites are getting too much traffic or web host have mysql usage limit. You can disable guest limit in admin area, that will disable writing to guest table. Check the size of guest_info table, if its too big, you can empty it.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Thanks for the Reply. Im not Computer savy at all to be homest just good at driving traffic.. Where do I got to dump the table and how ??? is it in my cpanel ?? or vshare admin ??? i have the limit set to 1 now ?? it was zero before

You can check mysql database in

Code:
    cpanel > phpmyadmin
    You can set guest limit in

Code:
    vshare admin > Site Setting
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

How do I disable guest limit in admin area? I am not seeing how to do that? I am having server load issues big time. My site barely moves anymore. I am currently getting about 10,000 visitors a day and it doesn't seem to handle it. Any other suggestions on what to do? At the peak my site was getting 15,000 hits a day. but I have had to downsize the traffic because of the problems.

Default issues with guest_info

Okay.. I found my problem. My guest_info has currently over 700,000 entries. I need to delete the entries. How do i go about doing this? I have already deleted over 300,000 manually... I don't want to continue this. Especially when it will get big again. is there something I can set up or have someone set up for me to fix this problem?

David

you can delete all entry from the table using following command.

Code:
    DELETE FROM guest_info;
    Set guest limit to 0 to disable guest limit, so nothing will be written to this table.
    [email protected]

So let me first off say "thank you". I appreciate your help! :)

Second... I do need a little more education when it comes with working with phpmyadmin. Is it possible for you to give me a step by step process of what to do with the command you gave me?
    Code:
    ---------
    DELETE FROM guest_info;
    ---------

Where do I go and what do I do with this? :) I am a quick study. But, I truly don't know what to do or how to do it!

Thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Set guest limit to 0 to disable guest limit, so nothing will be written to this table.

So if I set this to 0 that means guests have to register to view videos?

* 0 - When guest limit is set to 0, guests are allowed unlimited viewing.

* 3600 - When guest limit is set to 3600, guests are are forwarded to signup page after visitor have watched videos for duration 3600 seconds, that is total of 1 hour video. Then he need to register on the site to watch more videos.

* If you set value to 1, since most video's have duration higher than 1 second, guest users will get forwarded to signup page when he click to view a video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast