Thread: 'How to edit template' Tutorial?

Thumbs up 'How to edit template' Tutorial?

So far ive posted a few questions and had some great responses
    (thanks for that :))

However, strangely (maybe im blind or something) I can't seem to find any sort of tutorial on how to edit templates myself.

I'm the type of person who comes up with new ideas pretty often and hands on , so I don't really want to be in a situation where I have to pay and wait for the product every time.

EDIT:
    OK, Ive just about got the hang of it, so never mind ^_^
    But still, it would be good if this gets answered (for future reference for new users who want to edit the templates aswell):)
    Last edited by horse_cats; 02-19-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Default Did you ever get help with that?

I also am like you, I want to edit my homepage template, but so far no luck. I have built and worked on regular html sites like my own www.plugeez.com and would like to do that with this site. Anything, let me know.

Dean:confused:

vShare uses Smarty templates. All of the template files are located and stored in the "templates" directory of your site. For example, to edit what you would call the "homepage," you would edit the header.tpl, the index.tpl, and the footer.tpl. The header.tpl and footer.tpl are shown on every page. The index.tpl file is what is shown on the main index page.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

There are a lot of templates! It sure would be helpful to have a list of what went to what page.

I am ok at HTML but php is a skill set that I don't have.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that is a document that describes that information. You really just have to mess with them until you find the one that you are looking for.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

How do you get to those pages? They aren't listed under "pages", just "terms" etc. is? I would like to get to those and edit my homepage. Also I added a page but it doesn't show up anywhere? I need to add a header link at the top so viewers can get to this page. Right now it is missing.

Thanks,

Deano

Quote Originally Posted by DeanO View Post
    How do you get to those pages? They aren't listed under "pages", just "terms" etc. is? I would like to get to those and edit my homepage. Also I added a page but it doesn't show up anywhere? I need to add a header link at the top so viewers can get to this page. Right now it is missing.

Thanks,

Deano
    To add link to footer, edit

Code:
    templates/footer.tpl
    For header, edit file

Code:
    templates/header.tpl
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]