Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [ADDON] Mobility Mod for vShare

Default Theming

Can you custom theme this mod?

Questions should be sent via email and not on the forums. Generally, the mod is as you demo it. The colors can be adjusted, but the overall layout cannot.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Three questions:

1. Is this still source-encoded or have you opened it up yet? I know you talked about pros and cons on that but just wondering if you came to a conclusion.

2. I've got a mobile version already, but could use some work to better support modern devices. How difficult (or possible) do you think it would be to integrate your solution to what I've already got in place?
    BCmoney - MobileTV (HTML5)
    http://bcmoney-mobiletv.com/m (WAP/xHTML)

3. Lastly, what player/encoding option did you settle on to support both Android and iPhone? I'm guessing HTML5 player with H.264 baseline profile, single-pass, 640x480 resolution, 24fps ? Or maybe you used 320x240 res to have a single format that also hits older devices?
    Last edited by bcmoney; 08-22-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Behavior, Content, Money - 3 Things you should NEVER give away for free! http://bcmoney.tv

To answer your questions:

1. The code is source-encoded (closed source) and is not open source. I do not have any plans to release the code at this time.

2. It depends on what versions of vShare you are running. Essentially, the Mobility Mod for vShare is designed to integrate into vShare itself. It would replace the mobile TV link you posted above (HTML5). It would not, however, replace the WAP/xHTML version of your site. The mod is made for smart devices and not feature devices that rely upon WAP.

3. This depends on the vShare version. With 2.8.X, there is a single file that gets used for both vShare and the mobile site. The mobile video is converted, by default, into H.264 baseline single-pass at 640 x 480 x 30fps. It is never smaller than that by default, but can be changed very easily by the end-user. I have a few customers that have requested H.264 normal profile, single-pass at 1280 x 720 x 30fps.

The mod itself, does not support devices older than about 3 years due to the framework being used. The next version of the mod, which will be released later this year, will use a different framework, will still support devices from about 2009 and above, and will include an actual mobile player. Today, the mod does not use a player to play the videos.

As with anything I do, there is always opportunity to do something custom for you if the "out-of-the-box" solution doesn't work for you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. It would be better to contact me through my site than the forums as I do not check it that often anymore. Thanks.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345