Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Server Problems

Default Multi-Server Problems

Hello, Sorry if I have placed this in the wrong forum but I am pretty lost.

I recently added 5 Extra servers to my list of servers, well the problem is that only one of them is being used. I recently had some issues where the converted file would convert, but would get stuck at FLVTool2 so it wouldn't even attempt to send it out via FTP and after a reconvert it put it on the local server. I went to move it from the local to say server 5 when I noticed that the drop down in "Local Videos" to move it to Server 5 only showed Server 1.

How can I get it to show the other servers?

vShare v2.7

It works in regards of Server 1 whenever someone uploads a video and it converts, but the other servers it doesn't work with.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heathman View Post
    get stuck at FLVTool2

Any problem with flvtool2 or the process get killed in half way ?

Quote Originally Posted by heathman View Post
    It works in regards of Server 1 whenever someone uploads a video and it converts, but the other servers it doesn't work with.
    Try disable the server, enable another server and see if video get uploaded to other server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet
    Any problem with flvtool2 or the process get killed in half way ?
    It doesn't happen when a user uploads the file manually, but when I use the FTP upload then convert it happens. If I convert again it works fine but since it is already processed it stays on the main server, which requires me to move it to one of my storage servers. (As is the issue below)

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet
    Try disable the server, enable another server and see if video get uploaded to other server.
    When I disabled the server it showed, it showed the next in line. Is there anyway to modify the script to show all 5 so I don't have to fight with it? I believe it's only actually sending to that one server when people upload as well because the other 4 only have data I just moved to them (using your above suggestion.)

Any more suggestions or fixes?

There are some modifications I have made to the source.

1.) Converter converts from AVI/etc. to MP4 instead of FLV.
    -This substantially decreases the required space, a 24 minute video uses 38-60mb instead of 120mb to get the same quality. Really good for the budget.
    2.) Uses JW Media Player 5.1.897 (Something like that.)
    3.) Uses the Grey/Blue template available by Hostonnet (Which I had to modify as the liquid display of it caused a weird rendering of the pages.

A couple of notes:

1. You shouldn't be running the FLVTool on MP4 videos. The FLVTool injects meta data into FLV files. If you are running the tool on MP4 files, I would expect it to hang or fail.
    2. The code is supposed to select the server with the least amount of space being used. However, I believe that there is a bug in the vShare 2.7 as I have run into issues in the past with FTPing videos to other servers. I haven't tried if my fix fixes the entire problem. But, I do know that it fixes the FTP issues that I have run into. The typo is in the functions_upload.php file. I have to go back and look to see what it was.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Yea, I realize FLVTool shouldn't be ran on MP4, but what would make it fail only on videos uploaded to the server via FTP? It doesn't fail or hang if it was uploaded via the Uber uploader. Could it deal with file permissions?

Also, if you can tell me what the typo is when you get a chance that would be great.

Well, if it is trying to write to MP4's, it's failing all the time. The hanging is likely do to file permissions. Do you know if your server has suExec and suPHP turned on? If not, your uploaded files and your conversion are all happening as the Apache user. Your FTP uploads are all running as your FTP user.

When I get in tonight, I'll look to see what it was that I changed.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I am currently running a cPanel server with suPHP set in EasyApache, as I had to rebuild it to insure TTF & GD Support for the Captcha. This is on a Dedicated solution.

Are you using the cron job (batch processing) or the background or immediate processing?
    vShare Solutions

Immediate. I removed the use of FLVTool2 just now, though I don't know if that will make an improvement, we'll find out.

Ok. Immediate should be running through suExec and suPHP so it shouldn't hang. Let me know if it continues.
    vShare Solutions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast