Thread: Private Channel

Default Private Channel

Hi from Germany,

my heavily moded vShare site under www.youstunt.com works like a charm. I'd now like to create a feature like "Private Channel", means that a channel is reserved to a certain group, no other than group members should be able to upload videos into that channel.

Any Ideas about how to realize that? I just need a push into the right direction, I guess I can code this myself. After coding, I am willing to share it here ...

Thanks for Help.

Every bit of help is appreciated ...

You will need to add few extra fields to category table. Some thing like

category_private
    category_group_id

When disaplying or uploading videos, adjust sql query to show category_private=0.

category_group_id field will store id of group. When uploading, you will need to list category having the id of category_group_id equal to group_id
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default Private Channel

Hello......

People will still be able to see your channel no matter what you do because there is no "private" channel on YouTube. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can leave your stats (ie. age, location) empty.

Or if you prefer to not have people send you messages or post a comment on your YouTube channel, you can always restrict those features to "friends only".