Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formating Problem with Firefox

Cool Formating Problem with Firefox

I am using the YouTube Clone template and I am having a problem with page formatting in Firefox. Safari and Explorer are working fine.

If you click on the "Channels" tab and then select a channel, the videos all appear in one single column along the left side of the page. In IE and Safari, they appear as they should, with 4 columns wide.

Here is a link to the problem page, but keep in mind that you must view in FIREFOX to see the problem.
    GSpiritTV - The Learning Channel

We can't see any problem with your template.

Check the screenshot attached here.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Send a mail to [email protected] with FTP and vShare admin login details.

We will check it and let you know shortly.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Wink

Hey guys, thank you very much for the quick response.

OK, I don't know what you did, but that problem seems to be corrected. By the sound of your post, you did nothing, but I can tell you for certain, that it was not working until you guys sent me the screen shot.

Here's another Firefox formatting issue...
    1) When you "Watch A Video" the right column is not displayed. The content that should be in the right column, moves to the bottom of the page. So the "WATCH" and "RELATED VIDEOS" section becomes part of the page content.

2) Create Account or Sign In: Same problem as above. No right column.

And since we are on the subject of formatting issues, I mine-as-well mention some other noted problems.

3) Comments: The number display that shows how many comments are posted for a movie, i.e. (Comments: 1) does not show-up on the Home Page. All other pages are fine. This happens in all browsers.

4) Auto Play: Not so important but, Embeded videos from YouTube will auto play, Video's uploaded to GSpirit TV will not.

As a side note: I was wondering if there was a way to make the video that appears at the top of the right column, on the GSpirit TV home page...
    a) auto play when the page is loaded.
    b) auto play with volume off - till selected.

Per your request, I will send you a separete email with my login information.

Thanks again for the GREAT SUPPORT, and have a blessed day.

Your mail received.

We will do the needfull and let you know shortly,
    [email protected]

Smile

You guys are the best, I can't even tell you how pleased I am with your support staff and I will definitely recommend VShare to my friends.

There is still one section that has a problem when viewing in Firefox. As stated above in item 2, the (Create Account or Sign In) page has no right column.

If you can tell me what you did to correct the problem on the other pages I can fix it myself. If it is easier for you to take care of it on your own, you have my access information.

QUESTION:
    Would I be correct in assuming that since I have done nothing to modify the template format, that these problems are inherent with the design of the YouTube template?

Thanks again for the great support.

Check your mail.
    [email protected]

Hello my friend,
    The screen shot that you sent me via email was the 'create account' page. The formatting on that page is not as bad as the 'Sign in' page but it is still off.
    If you take a look at the 'GSpiritTV Log In' area on that page, you will notice that everything is pushed to the left side of the box.
    If you take a look at the same page in IE or Safari you will see the difference.

Also, if you go to the 'Sign In' page, you will see that the right column is completely missing. Again, just take a look at IE and you will see how pretty it looks there.

Thanks again for the great support.
    Have a blessed day
    Bill

Check the login page now
    [email protected]

Yes the login looks ok now but if you continue through the login-in process to the user profile page you will see that everything is out of wack there.
    I assume this is a problem with the YouTube template - If you can just give me a heads up on what you are changing to correct the problem I can most likly fix it myself. you guys have done enough already and I don't want to keep on bothering you.

Have a blessed day
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast