Thread: HTML5 Video

Default HTML5 Video

How does one go about integrating HTML5 Video into VSHARE video player?
    I will appreciate any input from anyone.

Thank you.

You need to convert video to H.264 format. This can be done by changing convert command. Once you have videos in H.264 format, you can use HTML 5 player for playing them.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Thank you hostonnet for the response.

I really need a howto change the player configuration to use html5. I already have the capability to encode video in mp4 and ogg-theora video formats. I just want to be able to use HTML5 native video playback capabilities.

If you already have the video, then all you need to do is to change the player.inc file to use HTML5 video playback as opposed to flash. Unfortunately, this forum isn't going to be the resource for what you need to do to make HTML5 work as vShare doesn't use HTML5 (it uses Flash). There are several Youtube videos out there on how to use HTML5 video. All you would need to do is grab their example codes and plug it into your player.inc file.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Thank you bplex.
    I have the HTML5 player codes already and now I will try to integrate it into vshare.
    I just wanted information on the files that need to be altered.

Do you know which browsers support HTML 5 player with H264 video ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Only the latest versions of Safari, Opera, and IE 9 Alpha support H.264 video under HTML5.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!