Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Idea For Banner Displays

Default Great Idea For Banner Displays

Do you think it would be easy to implement a banner for each channel?

yeah, that's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing that either, although it will be a major pain to add to the admin panel... you'd actually have to have ten separate banner ads to edit.

This doesn't really need to be added to the script....all you need is openads which is a very powerful free advert management script.

it can do many things but also you could intergrate it with vshare using the keywords and source feature to only display banners that you want for certain channels.

i will be using it on my site to only display banners/text links that are releated to the video or channel the surfer is viewing.
    for example if i had a channel called "cars" in vshare i would set the keyword "cars" to the banners in openads that i would want to be displayed if that keyword came up.

then i would add the vshare keyword code and openads banner code together and it would only display a "cars" banner on any page that had that keyword or was in that channel.

if there is enough interest for this ill write a little guide on how to set it up when i get time.

I would be interested in that information.
    Thanks for the offer.

that would be excellent leki - and does away with my requirement for a banner rotator.

How did things go with getting OpenAds installed?

I uploaded all the files to a folder tonight, but it did not go as planned. When I went to the path that would start the installation, I got a page using the template of the video sharing site, and an error message telling me that the user does not exist. I'm not sure what to make of that. lol.

It's kind of late, so I guess I'll have to re-examin this tomorrow.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

i should hopefully have the openads/vshare guide done by the end of this week.

SportsGamingTV.com your problem is due to your vshare .htaccess tryin to use mod_rewrite on that folder and display it as a user, to fix it upload a blank .htaccess file into your openads directory.

Thanks for the suggestion. I put in the blank .htaccess and got the same result. Then I tried adding /www/admin to the end of the path and that got me in to the installation just fine. I guess I'll just have to use the longer path whenever I want to log into admin.

instead of the blank .htaccess add RewriteEngine off to the top and it should work.

Perfect. That works like a charm. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast