Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Idea For Banner Displays

Default Re: Great Idea For Banner Displays

Leki,

I was just curious as to whether or not you were able to get the keyword function of openads working properly on vshare.

I've been playing with it on non-vshare sites here and there, as I can find time to do so. The way I've got it figured out, you have to instruct the keywords when you insert the code into the page. The problem is that vshare doesn't have a separate view_video.tpl for each channel. So if I put the football keyword (for example), then only football related banners will show, regardless of what the video type is.

What I would like to accomplish is to find someway to do keyword tagging on a 300x250 banner insertion on view_video.tpl that will allow appropriate banners to be displayed for the video being watched. So if someone is watching a football video, they get a football ad; if someone is watching a baseball video, they get a baseball ad; etc - you get the idea.

I have not yet figured out how to do this since every channel (read every category/video type) uses the same view_video.tpl file.

Have you ever made any progress with this?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Default Re: Great Idea For Banner Displays

i have not had time to do the openads guide yet but i'll put you on the right track.

in your view_video.tpl put your banner code in with the source as "{insert name=video_keyword assign=keyword vid=$VID}{section name=j loop=$keyword}"

if you wanted the channel put "{insert name=video_channel assign=channel vid=$VID}{section name=k loop=$channel}" in instead

When the user views a video it will then display the banner code with the video or channel (or both if you want) keywords as the banner source keywords.

etc

hope that makes sense....i have not intergrated openads into my site just yet as i have been too busy, but from my quick inital tests it looks like it would work fine, i hope to have a more detailed guide up when i get round to adding it to my site, which should be soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12