Thread: auto refresh video uploaded page?

Default auto refresh video uploaded page?

Hi,

After the video is uploaded, how do I change from "upload success" page to automatically show the upload success page with the links to the vdo page? Currently I have to maunally refresh the page to see the result with the links. I'm uploading flv files so I don't think there is any conversion involve because I can go to the first page instantly after the upload and the video will be there. Could this have something to do with uploaded using the "progress bar" function that operates differently from the normal upload function?

Thanks in advance :)
    Last edited by eyeonprize; 09-16-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Hi,
    if you set the conversion "on the fly", after uploading you will be redirected to a page showing the link of the converted video othrwise is not possible until cronjob launches the conversion and the actual conversion is finished.

Hi, I thought cronjob method was only for importing/ batch processing. I'm currently try to make the automatic refresh available as a normal user so they can see the link of the video once upload is complete. :)

Yes, but be aware that with large videos conversion take a lot of time, so usually it is better to set cronjob. ;)