Thread: Video Player Question

Default Video Player Question

Hi,
    I purchased the script last night and had a question regarding the flash video player. I went to the site of the person that made it through the link in the player and wanted to know if we can upgrade easily to the 3.9 version of it.

Along that line, if we can upgrade easily to 3.9 will it be possible to load the .FLA files via the playlist option he has for loading them? If so commercials should not be that difficult. I was thinking about this last night.

All that would need to be done is include a php file (if we have the capability to do so) in the template that generates the playlist with the commercial FLA in it as well. Looks easy enough but I'm not sure if we have enough access to the code to add an include or if we can add script to the templates to do this.

Has anyone tried this yet? I will probably look into it more when I get all the software requirements installed tonight and have it up and running. Thanks.

Dapanther

What is the URL of the author? I don't know how to find it through the link in the player (I'm not seeing a link...) and would like to upgrade.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Yes you can upgrade the player to 3.9 the admin and i were discussing preroll ads and post roll ads being added to the script soon, to change to the newest 3.9 player simply download the player to your computer. Extract it and rename the 32kb flvplayer to player and upload it on overwrite, to the player folder.

simply download the player to your computer
    Again, anyone got a URL for this? Pretty please?[/quote]
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

You can contact me ill send it to you its only 32kbs pm me.

zeffer,
    Thanks for the info. Now if we can get to utilize the playlists. I know my way around .NET rather well and used to do some php programming back in the day (hence my utilizing it with vShare) and to my knowledge, it shouldn't be too bad to write a playlist generator for version 3.9. Now of course that is assuming that we can use playlists to load the files. I haven't dug in too much yet with vShare but I'll be looking at it once I get the templates designed this weekend :)

Dapanther

Does this player have any functional differences for visitors to the site?

I like the idea of being able to play commercials. I know that alstrasoft has written a plug in for their version of the youtube clone, but everything I've ever gotten from them was so full of bugs that I'm not willing to pay them to see if I can bolt it onto vshare.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out