Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade issue

Default Upgrade issue

Took upgrade and all seems fine with one exception....

When a new user tries to create a new account - gets error message...
    Signup: Security code should not be null

Captcha is not showing and yes GD and ImageMagik and Freetype are installed. Captcha works ok with other scripts I have running on same server.

Any ideas? I ma no longer able to sign up new users.

Try reuploading captcha.php

What is the site url ?

Default Really messed up

Ok - at this point the upgrade has killed everything. So deleted all the files - reinstalled the original 5/30/07 version - which now gives no install errors but when go to log in to admin gives me ....

Fatal error: Unable to read 29111 bytes in /home/dancetv/public_html/include/function.php on line 0

No idea what this is about. Did not have these issues prior to upgrade.

So before I start this whole re-build process again - any chance you have the latest version complete vs upgrade?

In all honesty though when I made purchase I was buying a fully developed ready to go product and would not be dealing with all this nonsense on a regular basis.

Site is down, extremely frustrated at this point.

Upload files in BINARY mode, it will work. If you search the forum or even google, you will get solution for the error.

Default rebuilt and same issues

Ok so re-installed original 5/30 version and all works ok - including captcha - now did upgrade and cpatcha no longer works - re-installed captch.php and still no dice.

Url....

http://www.philadelphiadance.tv/

Default more bugs

in addition - any uploaded video stalls with the new upgrade - appears on site but when clicking on play seeks a second arrow to click and then never loads.

Should I just assume that the upgrade is defective all around. Delete everything again and just use the 5/30 file?

Default FYI

none of these problems existed prior to taking your upgrade

Default Re: more bugs

Quote Originally Posted by dvolsysop
    in addition - any uploaded video stalls with the new upgrade - appears on site but when clicking on play seeks a second arrow to click and then never loads.

Should I just assume that the upgrade is defective all around. Delete everything again and just use the 5/30 file?
    Don't assume. I have a completely functional site running both before and after the latest upgrade. Your issue is local to you.

Default Think I will assume

I have reverted back to the old version and everything is working fine - captcha, encoding of videos, etc.

I may not have your new features but at least I will have a functional site.

Have placed your upgrade on a developmental server which runs the old version just fine but chokes as already noted on your upgrade. Captcha fails preventing users from creating accounts. Have tried to re-upload captcha to no avail. Videos encode but fail to properly play or even launch.

So if the problem is local than you have provided no insights or support with how to rectify this situation. Again, this is only when doing the upgrade. Simply uploading the new files in to their respective directories and upgrading the mysql file with the update your provided.

You maybe better off staying with the 20070530 version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast