Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upload Limit

Default Re: Upload Limit

Lol. I'm assuming you are talking about the limit that is listed on the upload page (the one that says "Max file size: 100 MB"). If so, that has absolutely nothing to do with the PHP upload limit. The PHP upload limit (in the php.ini file) tells PHP how big of a file to accept. The "limit" that you see on the upload page isn't a limit at all. Rather, it's simply text. If you want it to say, ohh, I dunno, 800MB like your php.ini is configured, you'll want to go to your templates directory and edit your upload.tpl file. Find the "100MB" and change it to "800MB." Then, reupload that file.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

In templates/upload.tpl, look for
    Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="1048576000">
    and replace that value with one that's larger or just delete it altogether.

And on that same page you can edit the text that refers to 100 megs in the form.

That is incorrect, mersh. That upload limit that you have posted there is not the same either (I'll have to post the topic that explained that further). The limit there is 1GB. The number, 1048576000, is in bytes. That limit would only be reached if a person uploaded a file that is bigger than one gig. If you hit that limit, you would actually get a completely different error from PHP regarding a file size limitation. I'll post to that topic in a bit.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

The topic regarding what I stated above is located at:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4051
    vShare Solutions

Like Darotweiler above, I too get the 500 error if I add the following in my .htaccess file.
    Code:
    php_value max_input_time 600
    php_value max_execution_time 600
    php_value post_max_size 200M
    The answer given was to edit the php.ini - but I don't have access. So what can I do? I've tried to follow this thread and one referred to in the thread, but nothing I put in the .htaccess works.

Thanks.
    Michael

Putting that into your .htaccess file does not work as the .htaccess file is only for Apache. PHP does not read that file. You will need to either edit your PHP.ini file, get your host to edit your PHP.ini file, or get them to allow for you to run your own PHP.ini file that you can edit. Otherwise, there is nothing that can be done.
    vShare Solutions

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=upload7apx.png

How to change that? I can change that in the templates, but I think that I must change it in the system or I am wrong?

You change that in your upload.tpl file. It's just text. It isn't tied into your system.
    vShare Solutions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123