embeding does not work on my site plz tell me how to fix this

Default Re: embeding

Quote Originally Posted by pataylo

use mine

Find this code templates/view_video.tpl

Code:
    <TEXTAREA  name=video_play ROWS="3" COLS="45"                         
    onclick=javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select();
    readOnly><IFRAME vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="border:0px;" width="435" height="470" SRC="{$baseurl}/show.php?id={$vinfo[0].VID}"></IFRAME></TEXTAREA>
    Replace
    Code:
    <INPUT NAME="video_play" value='<object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="&file={$baseurl}/flvideo/{$vinfo[0].flvdoname}&height=350&image={$baseurl}/thumb/{$vinfo[0].VID}.jpg&width=425&location={$baseurl}/player/player.swf&logo={$baseurl}/templates/images/watermark.gif&link={$baseurl}&linktarget=_blank"/></object>' size="51" onclick=javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select(); readOnly>
    Lying like Stealing

Default embed feature fix

Thanks for that code olrac worked like a charm. I was wondering how are people able to link back to your website from the video??? besides my watermark that isn't anything but a symbol no one would know where it came from.

Have a look through other posts. i did one a few weeks ago that shows how to do a hard link.

Default re: embedding

As you probably already know, myspace blocked the use of IFRAMES so I changed the

view_video.tpl as recommended in the forums and now it shows the embed code as

an OBJECT embed instead of IFRAME, however, eventhough it will now embed on myspace

the video does not play. I have noticed part of the reason may be is that after conversion the

video .flv files are renamed to a long file name ex. 118624363430688665.flv yet the embed code

is searching for a .flv file named 46.flv so it seems that the script renames the .flv files but the

embedding code does not have the proper info to load the video. Is this something I need to fix

in the code that I inserted into the view_video.tpl file?

Default Re: embeding

Quote Originally Posted by olrac
    Quote Originally Posted by pataylo

use mine

Find this code templates/view_video.tpl

Code:
    <TEXTAREA  name=video_play ROWS="3" COLS="45"                         
    onclick=javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select();
    readOnly><IFRAME vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="border:0px;" width="435" height="470" SRC="{$baseurl}/show.php?id={$vinfo[0].VID}"></IFRAME></TEXTAREA>
    Replace
    Code:
    <INPUT NAME="video_play" value='<object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="&file={$baseurl}/flvideo/{$vinfo[0].VID}.flv&height=350&image={$baseurl}/thumb/{$vinfo[0].VID}.jpg&width=425&location={$baseurl}/player/player.swf&logo={$baseurl}/templates/images/watermark.gif&link={$baseurl}&linktarget=_blank"/></object>' size="51" onclick=javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.focus();document.linkForm.video_play.select(); readOnly>
    Wondering why this embed isn't working for me? It shows the correct image but when you click to play it never loads.

@zvidzdotnet

I just noticed that the script names new flv files differently now. I think your right, may be admin can let us know what the new variable needs to be in the embed code.

The new embed code is below:

<textarea name="video_play" cols="45" rows="5" readonly="readOnly" onClick="javascript:document.linkForm.video_play.f ocus();document.linkForm.video_play.select();"><ob ject width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="{$baseurl}/player/player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="&file={$baseurl}/flvideo/{$vinfo[0].flvdoname}&height=350&image={$baseurl}/thumb/{$vinfo[0].VID}.jpg&width=425&location={$baseurl}/player/player.swf&logo={$baseurl}/templates/images/watermark.gif&link={$baseurl}&linktarget=_blank"/></object>
    </textarea>
    The new part is the
    {$vinfo[0].flvdoname}
    Regards,
    Mat.
    ------------------------------------
    Make an arse of yourself:
    http://www.youtwatonline.com

Thanks that did it!!

No probs mate!