Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade vShare 2.7 to vShare 2.8.1

Following template files are changed on vshare 2.8.1

vShare - VShare 27 to vShare 281 Modified Templates - vShare

If you have custom template, you need to port the changes to your template. You may use WinMerge to compare templates. Comparing with original vShare 2.7 template shows the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by clonevideos View Post
    I had posted some message to the admin/developer of vshare but no response for weeks now?
    Ticket ID ?

it will delete all the old templates, old modifications and whatever you have developed separately in the past.
    Restore your old templates from backup. Then apply the changes. If you can't apply the changes, restore to old version of vshare. Upgrade need changes in templates.

Apart from that you will be having some errors as well such as your tags will not function well, your video description won't be readable
    Can you give more details ? I checked video description on video.bizhat.com, don't see any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Following template files are changed on vshare 2.8.1

vShare - VShare 27 to vShare 281 Modified Templates - vShare
    If you have custom template, you need to port the changes to your template. You may use WinMerge to compare templates. Comparing with original vShare 2.7 template shows the changes.
    --i will try to do so but i am not sure if i could port them myself.

Can you give more details ? I checked video description on video.bizhat.com, don't see any problem.
    -- For instant referance you can check my videosite (clonevideos.com) i used youtube looks template and modified little already but tags, video description and upload progress bar are still in trouble. video descriptions should appear on paragraphs not together everything in a row. try posting a test video with bit amount of description and check you will understand what i mean.
    Nepal's Largest video community portal. share wisely at WWW.CLONEVIDEOS.COM

Default upgrade

thanks cause i cant afford to lose anything

Error after upgrading to 2.8 from 2.7

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/templates/header.tpl" on line 93 "{include file=search_box.tpl}" - Unexpected ".", expected one of: "}" , " "' in /home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:431 Stack trace: #0 /home//folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2855): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2920): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(56, '.') #2 /home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(51): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(56, '.') #3 /home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sy in /home/folder/public_html/DOMAIN.com/videos/include/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 431

I have customized templates, now I have to go through all of them, its kind of fixed when I replaced header.tpl with a new one....

Now I have to tackle the other issues..... Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12