Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Render uploaded movies on different server

Default Render uploaded movies on different server

For a project I'm working on it would be a nice feature to convert the movie to .flv on a different server as the webserver (where the site runs on).

I guess this is not very hard to script (upload file to render server instead of webserver -> render to .flv -> copy to webserver) and it would be very useful to me :).

I think a better solution is to have vshare script automatically ad thumbnails to the site you choose, Say in admin panel you choose a sister website that u want thumbs to appear like a RSS feed.

Dedicated video convertion server is good idea for high traffic web sites.

We will be doing this, but before doing we need to add support for multiple web servers to share traffic, that is FLV will be stored in multiple servers. This will be only done after we finish current bug fix and features.

I think a better solution is to have vshare script automatically ad thumbnails to the site you choose, Say in admin panel you choose a sister website that u want thumbs to appear like a RSS feed.
    For showing video on other sites, we will add a Javascript based syndication shortly.

Sweet as! Im eagerly awaiting the new updates. Any idea of timelines when it may be finished? Also what other features are you thinking of including? Im very curious and love the idea of the updating scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by admin

We will be doing this, but before doing we need to add support for multiple web servers to share traffic, that is FLV will be stored in multiple servers. This will be only done after we finish current bug fix and features.

For showing video on other sites, we will add a Javascript based syndication shortly.

Really need multiple server support options! Need it for conversion processing, and for file storage. File storage can really eat up disk space.

I run a BitTorrent site which can kill servers and using several servers to handle say, http requests, and mysql separately can save you headaches down the road. Plus, having this option will not slow your growth if your site takes off.

Default Wget Videos

Would be interesting to have the option of typing in a URL then having the program wget the file behind the scenes to the local server, and add it as normal.

Default Re: Wget Videos

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Would be interesting to have the option of typing in a URL then having the program wget the file behind the scenes to the local server, and add it as normal.
    We are working on this, will be available on next release.

Default Re: Wget Videos

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    We are working on this, will be available on next release.
    Good to hear !!

Hey Admin,

Just wondering when you think some sort of multiple server support would be added? I'm most interested the option to stream the flv from several different servers. I have several dedicated & semi-dedicated server that are not using much of their bandwidth. Be nice to use some of the bandwidth form other off site servers.

Im concerned tha5t at the moment 40mb files seems to be my limit when importing files,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast